Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Rami" Kateri Mimiteh

3 posters

Go down

"Rami" Kateri Mimiteh Empty "Rami" Kateri Mimiteh

Post  Rami Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:00 am

"Rami" Kateri Mimiteh Jacketdetail
(I'll do her personality soon. )

Name: Kateri Mimiteh, Native American for “Pure New Moon”.
Goes by: Rami, a name she has chosen for herself upon meeting Sai.
Height: 4’11" /150cm
Weight:103 lbs
Species: The Garou are beings of both physical strength and spiritual depth. Created by (and in most cases fighting on the side of) a force known as Gaia, Garou are shape-shifters capable of changing their physical form at will to appear as humans (a form they call homid), wolves (lupus), or several intermediary mixed forms. There are: glabro; physically strong and brutish humans, crinos; the traditional wolf-man, and hispo; wolves of unnatural size and strength. Unlike werewolves in most traditional folklore, Garou are neither mindless predators nor lunatics. Instead, they are depicted as defenders of Mother Earth and its Umbra (or spirit world).

Garou are not solitary creatures. They live in packs like wolves do and organize themselves into septs (groups of packs). In former times septs used to be communities of one tribe only, but in modern times septs often house garou from more than one tribe. This also led to multi-tribal packs. Some septs live around a holy site, called Caern, a place with magical properties. Besides the community the a garou lives in, the tribe she belongs to, has a more or less strict social infrastructure, depending on the tribe in question.

Garou Litany: (Their Laws)

As a whole, the Garou Nation follow a set of rules called the Litany as listed here. Adherence to the litany ranges between individuals and tribes from strict obedience to simple lip service.

1.Garou Shall Not Mate with Garou
Garou are forbidden to mate with their own kind. Many Garou believe that this is because of the deformities and psychoses displayed by metis werewolves (and the age-old prejudice correspondingly levied against metis). But some legends tell, that the law is older and the deformed metis child is the curse and punishment to those breaking it.

Werewolves must instead seek mates around either human or wolf society. Some garou argue that this law exists so that the garou focus their attention on wolf and human.

This tenet embodies one of the great Garou tragedies; Moon Dancers often move audiences to tears with ballads of Garou who fell in love and could not express their passion - or who did and were torn to pieces by their outraged tribe. The existence of the Metis, however, is evidence that this law is broken all too often. There are those amongst the Garou Nation (particularly the Ragabash) who argue that, in the age of the Apocalypse this tenet should be lifted, as the Garou could swell their numbers quickly by adding large numbers of Metis to their ranks.

2.Combat the Wyrm Wherever It Dwells and Whenever It Breeds
The Garou were spawned, say the Galliards, to fight the Wyrm, and much of their history comprises battles between their heroes and the Wyrm's minions. Most Garou pay at least lip service to this tradition.

3.Respect the Territory of Another
The practice of this portion of the Litany has changed over the last few centuries; humans have spread to the extent that urinating one's territorial marking has become impractical. Instead, a Garou visitor or immigrant must first ask permission by singing the Howl of Introduction, reciting name, sept, lineage, totem and tribe. Some septs, particularly those of the Glass Walkers, also accept phone calls or even e-mails, as howling in a city may be considered a breach of the Veil.

3.Accept an Honorable Surrender
The Garou realize that they are a dwindling race and that intraspecies duels commonly occur. Realizing that continuous battles to the death would only advance the Wyrm's cause the Children of Gaia and Fianna incorporated this element into the Litany. In theory, a Garou combatant may end a duel by exposing her throat or presenting some other sign of formal surrender; the opponent is honor-bound to accept the surrender. The loser suffers no reduction in Renown for surrendering, although the winner may certainly gain Renown for winning.

4.Submission to Those of Higher Station
Garou's wolf nature practically enforces a hierarchical structure within their society. Thus the Garou have implemented the concepts of Renown and Rank. Within reason, any request by a Garou of higher Rank is to be obeyed.

5.The First Share of the Kill for the Greatest of Station
This portion of the Litany is much favored by the Garou elders, as well as such tribes as the Silver Fangs and Shadow Lords; it is grudgingly acquiesced to by the rest. The "kill clause" also applies to the spoils of war - thus, in theory, the prey's most powerful fetishes and the like may be garnered by the Garou with the highest renown. Wise elders are cautious with this tenet; a "great and powerful elder" who has claimed the greatest share of the kill to the exclusion of those who follow him may find that their followers reason that such a great Garou must not need the aid of his lessers.

6.Ye Shall Not Eat the Flesh of Humans
This portion of the Litany was first sung in the post-Impergium days; the Stargazers are believed to be responsible for its insertion. They noticed that Garou who routinely consumed human flesh often grew Wyrm-tainted; furthermore, cannibals had a hard time stalking and killing more challenging prey, such as woolly rhinos or Banes. Additionally, in these modern times, this rules serves a function similar to the "kosher" laws of the Hebrews; modern humans' chemical-laden diet makes their flesh bitter and unhealthy. The Red Talons and most other lupus Garou despise this tenet, particularly because it does not include a prohibition on the consumption of wolf-flesh. Most septs recognize that, while the consumption of wolf-flesh is not specifically outlawed in the litany, the spirit of this tenet prohibits such cannibalism as well.

7.Respect for Those beneath Ye - All Are of Gaia
Garou tend to think of themselves in communal terms, and they thus realize that most creatures have some sort of contribution to make toward the whole. When all is said and done, Garou were created to be the world's protectors. The chivalric ideal is much in vogue among some septs, and Garou who display a great deal of noblesse oblige may get Renown. This tenet also softens the edge of the fifth and sixth tenets.

8.The Veil Shall Not Be Lifted
This tenet was instituted after the Inquisition of the medieval and renaissance periods wreaked havoc upon the Garou population. This is perhaps the most inviolate portion of the Litany. There is no "reality" here - Garou are aware that both the Wyrm and the Inquisition hunt for them. Garou who disobey this edict die at the claws of their brethren. With the Delirium covering their actions, however, many Garou feel that it is difficult to breach the veil at all, and, in the case of Frenzy, breaches of the veil are sometimes unavoidable. This is yet another reason Garou often avoid cities; cities not only offer more provocation to frenzy (claustrophobia, surprise, street crime, frustration, etc.) but then a frenzy within a city will almost certainly be witnessed by humans.

9.Do Not Suffer Thy People to Tend Thy Sickness
In ancient days, an injured, infirm or aged Garou was simply torn to pieces by his peers. As time went on, however, it came to be considered more dignified to let such a Garou end his own life.This tenet is softened; aged or infirm Garou who are still sound of mind are often allowed to survive and mentor younger Garou.

10.The Leader May Be Challenged at Any Time during Peace
Though Garou are known for their pack mentality, this does not mean they must slavishly obey their leaders. If no immediate threat is pending, any Garou of sufficient standing may challenge another's position of leadership. A contest of some sort is usually staged. If the challenger wins, he assumes the mantle of leadership; if he loses, he must accept the leader's dictates with good grace.

11.The Leader May Not Be Challenged during Wartime

Certain creatures of the Wyrm are monstrous in size and power, and no one Garou can best them. Pack tactics are vital to the Garou's success against such creatures, and obedience is vital to successful pack tactics. In battle, the word of the leader is immutable law. A Garou who disobeys a superior will be punished as soon as circumstances permit, assuming that the Garou in question and those he disobeyed survive the encounter.

12.Ye Shall Take No Action That Causes a Caern to Be Violated

Like the preceding clause about the Veil, this rule is fairly ironclad. The caerns are Gaia's lifeblood and if they are destroyed, the Garou will cease to exist. Even a Garou who accidentally leads an enemy to a caern is often severely punished. Even the most Ragabash cannot bring themselves to actively oppose this tenet.
Origin: Southern Cascade Mountains, US.

Special Abilities:
Shifting: Is not instantaneous it takes anywhere between seconds and three minutes depending on her mood. There are ALWAYS warnings. Though she posses five forms she only uses three of them. Unused forms consist of the Hispo (near-wolf) and the Glabro (the near-man). Every form requires energy to shift into. The Crinos taking the most energy to maintain as well as anger/rage. Her Lupus form being her birth form takes no energy, the Homid does take energy despite her constant being of that form. There for when she is knocked out or exhausted she will lose that form.

Rami is highly allergic to sliver. It will continue to burn into her flesh until it has eaten through to an exit. For example, if shot it the outer thigh it will eat through her flesh until it exits her inner thigh. She is NOT immune to attacks, silver just does more damage.

Homid: The Human
The normal state for most characters who wish to interact with human society. This form is in all ways identical to a human. The Homid form does not regenerate damage, but may carry silver items without harm.[The energy it takes see the shifting paragraph at the top. This form breaks sometimes when depressed/sad. See lupis form] (Weakness: Lack of strength and defense.)

Crinos: The Wolf-Man
The Garou gains an additional 50% height (yes, a six-foot man becomes a nine-foot Crinos!) and another 100%-200% weight. The body becomes covered in fur, and the head becomes that of a snarling canine. Fangs and talon are now pronounced, and the arms become long and apelike, suitable for running on all fours. The addition of a tails helps the Garou maintain its balance. The Crinos is not a form for gentility or persuasion. It is the embodiment of the Beast. Human speech of anymore than a few words (such as: I hungry!” or “You die!”) which requires a lot of willpower. Garou in this form can speak the Garou tongue well, and can speak like a wolf (growls and howls), although more crudely than when in Lupus form. [Crinos is ONLY changeable when she herself is in danger or when sai, or anyone else she is very close to is in danger she will shift. Energy: this takes a lot of energy much past what it takes to hold homid form that after she’s done dealing what brought about the shift she would mostly pass out and revert to her Lupus form or be at a point that if she didn’t fall unconscious she being so worn she couldn’t move.] (Weakness: Silver as well as the lack of rational thought. Loud noises and strong smells ones being citrus, spices or just plan disgusting smells.)

Lupus: Wolf
The changes from Hispo to Lupus consists of mainly weight dispersion. The teeth become small and less imposing than those of the Hispo. The claws are also not so large. Thus, the Lupus cannot cause aggravated wounds with its claws. The bite of a Lupus, however, still causes aggravated wounds. The Lupus can run at twice the normal human speed. The senses of the Lupus are also exceptionally sharp; perform many sensory feats impossible to humans: sight in near darkness, exceptional hearing and smell, ect. Like the Hispo, the Lupus has no hands. The Lupus is the most instinct-driven of all Garou forms, most of the time the Lupus will flee rather than fight a battle. Lupus shun human habitats. Lupus cannot speak to humans; however they can freely talk to wolves and can speak the Garou tongue to some degree. [ONLY turns into lupus when exhausted so after a Crinos shift she would end up in this form. Sometimes she does turns into this form when depressed/sad because her will and energy to hold up her human form breaks.] (Weakness: Silver and instincts low defense and moderate attack. Loud noises and smells being citrus and spices biggest downfall for her smell.)

Partial Transformations:
Certain Garou have such command over their shape shifting abilities that they can transform parts of their bodies. For example, a Garou in Homid form might transform one hand into a paw, or change her ears into those of a wolf to sharpen hearing; a Garou in Hispo form might change his forepaws into hands. Any partial require willpower and large amounts of energy.

History: Rami was born a rare breed of wolf Canis Lupus Fuscus (The Cascade Mountain Wolf) hence her original place of origin. Her mother was a wolf, while her father was a Garou in lupus form. Her father was human born Native American, making her half Native American.

Once she became of age and discovered what she was she waited for her father’s return; but he never came. She continued to wait until she decided to go looking for him. Thus began her adventure. She set out looking for him venturing close to mankind she learned a little of them, but never fully able to understand. She did not understand them though she tried but only began to loathe their ways.

While on a hunt after she obtained her kill she was ambushed by Bone Gnawers; a group of low life scavenger Garou that inhabited the area. Severely wounded she fled into a nearby town passing out in a broken down shack. She was founded by Sai still as a wolf for a long while wary of her care taker. Once she grew comfortable with Sai she found herself trying to mimic her. This is when she discovered her homid form and took much care in learning to keep it though she does not have this mastered.

From here on out, she learned more from Sai who cleared up confusions about the human race and about some other things that still confused her at the time.(but of course there’s different things every day so still some few things she doesn’t know.) She was also taught the importance and purpose of clothing, but does not like them, leaving her running around in one of shirts or jackets. Due to her stature it reaches to her knees. Though she hated wearing things underneath Sai’s coaxed her into wearing underclothes and pants. Occasionally she’ll be seen in an actual outfit that properly fits her.

Personality: ...

Study/Work: Astrology, Rami always had a fascination with stars and had grown to love them. She studies people here and there and other things she doesn’t know much about on her own time.
work: None yet but working on finding one.

Any other piece of information that hasn’t been mentioned yet but is important or interesting as well:
Rami’s wolf ears and tail 'pop out' when happy. This could be because a flaw in her form, or an unintentional partial transformation.

Will revert back to Lupus form when depressed or sad, it just saps all her will to hold the homid form together.

"Rami" Kateri Mimiteh CrinosRami

Last edited by Rami on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Laying it thick)
Rami
Rami

Back to top Go down

"Rami" Kateri Mimiteh Empty Re: "Rami" Kateri Mimiteh

Post  SaisCy Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Looks nice^^
Just have two questions:

1) You said something about her wearing large Tshirts and her stature. How tall is she anyway?
2) Does she really never wear underwear? Because that might cause trouble.

O and btw, I heard something about you and Sai wanting to share a 2person bedroom. My character Aemilio occupies one of the two 2-person bedroom right now but I'm sure he can be persuaded to give it up if Rami or Sai would ask? So if I remember right about Sai and Rami wanting to sleep together, lets settle it in an RP?
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm not really sure how she fits in with Meinoir. Studies 'anything', which I presume means she's just learning about the world around her. The mansion tenants are all students, so far all going to the New Penrose University.
So... is Rami just, like, tagging along with Sai? Not studying anything but still being there? I just think that it may be hard for her to interact with a bunch of students when she'll never be at the school.

XD; Honestly, this is exactly why I remade Keo for MMII after the original MM, so the profile makes me apprehensive. I ended up making the original Keoki something similar to Rami here, a werewolf-ish shapeshifter who was relatively unacquainted with human life, and I ended up hating it because it just felt like she didn't fit in and had no reason to be there. Afterwards I couldn't get why I'd done that, lol, so I remade her this time around.

Just my input, I'm not trying to be mean or saying it should change, but like I said, this is rather similar to my first character (just with even less knowledge of human life) so it makes me worry since I ended up disliking that version of Keo.

I'm also a little jealous... Rami makes me feel like Keo's underpowered now. XD; She can change at will... to five [or three] forms and only the silver weakness, which she's immune to as a human anyways. Keo can change once a month to one form, and only on a full moon, has the silver allergy 24/7, and some other werewolf based weaknesses... I guess she's the lesser werewolf. Lol.

PS: SaisCy, her height is in her picture at the top as 4'11.
Little Blue
Little Blue

http://littlebluesblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Hmm well Keoki makes a point.
I mean, I do like the idea of her not knowing a whole lot about how humans act around each other - might be funny - as long as she can keep up the pretence she's a normal person. People can think she's a bit weird but not to the point where they think she's crazy or something. So she's going to have to wear pants or something, and the urge of sniffing people upon meeting them will have to be supressed.

She doesn't have to go to school per se but it would be nice if she does something work-like then instead? She can't hang around her room all the time can she? And she has to pay the rent I may add.

And I'm curious about the specifics on how much energy the transforming and staying transformed costs? I mean, everything from scratshing my nose to running a marathon costs energy - how much energy do all the processes you mentioned cost?
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum