Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of Place, Out of Time 08-31-2011 (free for all.)

2 posters

Go down

Out of Place, Out of Time 08-31-2011 (free for all.) Empty Out of Place, Out of Time 08-31-2011 (free for all.)

Post  Ryel Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:36 pm

It was early evening as a small truck pulled up into the driveway of the mansion, another resident had arrived. Jumping out of the cab Lyennet threw some cases and a bag of tools on the ground and paid the driver. “Ya just had t’cease didn’ ya baby.” She muttered while removing the restrains from the small air craft on the back of the truck and guiding it off the end, “God yur heavy.” As small and light as the skiff was it was really a two person job to move it. “Com’on baby give me enough pow’r to get ya out of the way. She said hanging into the cockpit and fiddling with the controls , a few seconds later the engines coughed into life and Lyennet guided it to the far edge of the garden placing it under the trees.

Returning to her cases she grabbed her tool bag and the tarp for the skiff, placing the bag in the cockpit and throwing the tarp over it. “Now let’s see what’s up fer me this time.” She muttered slinging her jacket over her left arm hiding its mechanical nature from view and picking up the remaining suitcase with her right arm she walked towards the front door.
((If you want I can write her without the accent.))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Out of Place, Out of Time 08-31-2011 (free for all.) Empty Re: Out of Place, Out of Time 08-31-2011 (free for all.)

Post  SaisCy Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:21 am

Aemilio sat outside on the Meinior Mansion porch, staring at the trees of Burglinde forest forming a tall wall against the still darkening sky. The first day and night after the welcoming party's unexpected threat, he'd been uneasy, even a little scared to go outside. But staying inside quickly started to make him feel trapped and he forced himself to at least have a sit-down on the front porch, get some fresh air and get over his forest phobia - as it was likely to become annoying when school started again.
After a relatively short while he hadn't just overcome his fear of the forest and swampy grounds surrounding the Meinior grounds but he'd started to develop a strange kind of fascination for it. Without noticing he'd been sitting on the same spot Lyennet would find him on now, staring at Burglinde forest for over an hour.

Lyennet's pressence finally woke him up; "o hey," he said as he noticed her, smiling friendly after rubbing his eye from the long stare.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Out of Place, Out of Time 08-31-2011 (free for all.) Empty Re: Out of Place, Out of Time 08-31-2011 (free for all.)

Post  Ryel Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Lyennet smiled as Aemilio greeted her, "Alrite, ya one of those tinker types? Sittin starin inta space." She said as she got closer. "Take it yur one of the fellers livin 'ere?" she asked looking him up and down, "Lyennet Abriela Aedent, I'm from Iriah, ner bin to the mainland b'fore." she said raising her left artificial arm out from under the jacket to shake his hand, "Ya can call me Lyen, any idea where the folks that own the place are at?" she asked craning her neck to look up at the mansion.
She soon realized that she was being very talkative, and considered that it must have been the fact that she wasn't stuck in a small cab anymore, able to look up at the sky. It gave her a good feeling, apparently good enough to say more that the normal 'hello' that she typically would have.

((Her first name is pronounced Line-ette rather than lynette, just to clarify))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:19 am

Surprised by Lyenett's comment on being a thinker Aemilio let out a chuckle; "a thinker? Sure, why not?" he replied with a shrug, liking that term better than whatever he would've called himself in her place, finding some random guy staring blankly into space for over an hour.

"And yeah, I've been staying here for something of a month now..." he said getting to his feet. "I'm A-" his name got stuck somewhere halfway his vocal cords as he stared at the hand extended to him. What the hell was that? "-uhr, I'm Aemilio," he finished a couple of seconds later, after succesfully ordering himself to snap out of it, stop rudely staring like a little kid and shake her hand.
"I'm sorry," he said with an apologetic smile, "I just got a little distracted..." He guessed she could figure out the reason on her own.
"As for the owners, I think mrs Nellis is in the kitchen," he said gesturing inside, "here, I'll help you look," and he led the way to the kitchen where an apron-wearing mrs Nellis was covered in flower from the cookies she'd just put in the oven.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Lyen's brow furrowed with a small frown when Aemilio mentioned he got distracted, "Yeah that's bin happenin a lot of late." she said shaking his hand. Since her arrival in the current period there had been a lot of awkward stares and talking behind her back, she had quickly worked out that 1:1 movement prosthetics where not common if they even existed. "Tanks." she said following him inside through the house to the kitchen, remaining silent as she walked through the house, commenting mentally on the architecture and decor, it wasn't quite to her taste but it wasn't distasteful. "Hi, I'm Lyennet. Take it you're Mrs N?" She said as they reached Mrs Nellis, holding out her left hand again.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Surprised to find a new face in her kitchen, mrs Nellis quickly put on a big welcoming smile: "o hello! Yes I'm mrs Nellis, nice to meet y-" she extended her hand to shake Lyenett's but noticed, just before doing so, that it was covered in baking powder. Clapping her hands to get the powder off she accidentally created a white cloud, causing her to cough the following: "nice to meet you. Lyenett you said? Let's go outside shall we? It's a mess here," she suggested, already steering them outside.

When they arrived in the living room she turned back to Lyenett with her usual big smile; "well what can I say dear? Welcome at Meinior! I'm sorry about the lack of a welcoming commitee, I wasn't really expecting anyone today. But I am baking cookies - in case the kitchen didn't give it away - and the first one is yours, I promise," she said with a wink.

'And it talks... and talks,' Aemilio thought, his impatience not visable on the outside.

"Ok uhm let me see," mrs Nellis went on to Lyenett, "pick whatever room you like - the free ones are all unlocked so you can just make yourself at home and... just come see me, I'll give you the proper key alright? Aemilio?"
Aemilio looked up a little surprised, almost having dozed off at the lenght off mrs Nellis talking.
"You'll show her around won't you?" she asked, immediatly followed by: "of course you will, you're such a sweetheart, thank you!" And with that she gave Aemilio a thankful nod, leaving him no time to decline.

"Of course I will, no problem," Aemilio replied with a smile back. Normally he'd quite a bit pissed with someone forcing a decision upon him like this but at least he didn't mind showing Lyenett around; he was planning to make that same offer to her anyway.
"Shall we go then?" he asked the newcomer with an inviting smile.

"Yes, yes you two be off," mrs Nellis said energetically, "I need to clean myself and the kitchen up a bit," and she disappeared into the kitchen again.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:45 pm

“Nah, it’s alrite. Am a week later than I should hav bin. Shippin was a bit more complicated than expected.” She explained before listening to Mrs Nellis’ explain what she had been doing. Thinking that she’d rather not have a cookie as she didn’t have much of a sweet tooth, but didn’t want to seem rude on a first encounter. “Yeah that’s a grand set up, I’ll get the key of ya when yur less busy.” She said before turning to Aemilio “Com’on Mr Wilde, give meh the grand tour.” She said smiling back leading ahead of him to the stairs.
“This ‘ill do.” She said opening one of the empty rooms and dropping her stuff on the bed “So where’s our first stop?”

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Aemilio followed Lyenett with a mere nod in reply, studying her as she went ahead and dumped her stuff in a random room.
"Uhr well... how about...?" he replied, thinking for a moment, then smiled and suggested: "how about the roof terrace? That way you do get a good view from most of the garden."
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:41 pm

"Well then lead the way." She said following him up the stairs and onto the terrace, the silence beginning to become awkward, "So what ya here for? Ya kill a man or ya just a common thief?" she asked stone faced, the question genuinely sounding like she was asking him what he was in prison for.

Eventually they reached the roof terrace, "Drop dead gorgeous." she said staring not at the view over the sea of trees the terrace provided but rather the unfettered sight of the sky above. "It's almost close enough, t' reach." she said craning her neck to look straight up.

((I’ve thrown her in room 6))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:53 pm

"Me? Ah nothing much," he replied with a small, "attempt of murder, all completely harmless really. You?"
When they came to the roof he took a moment to take in the view; even though he'd been up here quite a bit of times now, it hadn't stopped being impressive to him yet. So when he heard Lyenett admiring tone, turned around and found her staring up instead of forward, he stared at her confused.
"Yeah uhr- if you want to see another amazing thing, I can show you the garden next... I hear the sky looks really beautiful from there too?" he said, raising a brow at her.

((sorry for posting a little slow, school))
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:23 pm

"Trespassin on government property." she said calmly reciting a real crime she had committed "Put two holes in me skiff, but I got away. Am also here for math." she said before drawing her sight from the sky.
"Ah sorry, am a pilot, but me Baby aint flyin right. Tink the storm fried the ARU. She aint got the power, keeps knockin out." she said running over to the railing and pointing to the tarp just at the edge of the forest, "Thats 'er, Nu class two skiff, Matherson D 200. She's only a cheap one, but she flies all the same, maybe I'll give ya a trip in 'er someday." she announced proudly, if there was one thing in this world Lyen loved it was flying.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Aemilio listened to Lyenett with a blank expression; either she had a really strange sense of humor or she was just insane. "Ok hold on," he said, raising his hands in a gesture to slow down, "I can't follow a thing you're saying."
'And the accent doesn't help much either,' he added in mind.
"First of all, you're a pilot of a what-now?"

He knew you didn't have to be old to be a pilot but they way she offered him a ride (or flight, rather) hinted she had a private plane. And what was all that babble about governement propperty and having holes put in her skiff- whatever that was.

Then his eyes met the air vehicle. "That's... what...? You can fly that thing? That thing can fly?!" he gasped, leaning over the railing to get a better view. He didn't really believe it at first... but he realised the irony in him being skeptical about the possiblities of electronics and technology. And after all he'd witnessed around here... he found himself to be a lot more open-minded than a couple of months ago.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:09 pm

"I pilot a skiff, it's like a glider with wing end engines. Shi's a two seat. More mobile course." she said when he asked what it was, "Course I can fly, got meh licence at thirteen, same as everyone else. "Meh da found 'er on the main land and lugged 'er home, I paid fur the parts t' fixer up, took a few years." Lyen explained getting defensive when Aemilio asked if it could fly. And course she flies. Well did, like I said, tink the ARU got fried. But I'll work it out."

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Now Aemilio was seriously confused. 'Licence at thirteen... same as everyone else?'
At first he considered it possible the newcomer was just joking but he seriously started to doubt that now; firstly because it wasn't very funny, second because the whole story seemed a bit too detailed, but mostly because Lyenett seemed to genuinly serious about it.
Instead of declaring her insane (out loud) immediatly, he started with a small investigational question: "uhr, where are you from?"
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:48 am

"3rd Floating Colony, Iriah Province, Europa Region. Or off the Coast of Ireland to ya. I say that right Ireland? Though I tink ya mean to ask when?" Lyen said grinning "Which would be 2139AD, but keep that to yerself sweet. Can't be havin the world knowin." she said winking at Aemilio not sure if he would even believe her, not caring much either way. "Why, where ya from?"

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:21 pm

"Ah," Aemilio replied, left without a better way to put his full confusion into words, "thinking you're from the future is not disturbing or a valid reason for me to check if any nearby mental institute had an outbreak recently whatsoever..."
Was it really too much to ask to meet one nice, normal person in Meinior, he wondered. He liked excitement as much as the next guy but between a werewolf, a fire demon and several other freaks who - in his opinion - belonged in an X-men comic (not to mention the girl who had romantic feelings for Axel, something he considered even less realsitic than the recent walking corpse-attack) it would be refreshing to come across a boring, standard normal human being.
"Two questions here," he went on in a casually sarcastic tone, "how can you be from the future? Also, did you ever consider it unwise to carelessly tell a stranger something you don't want the whole world to you?" A small grin appeared before he added: "I might just be extremely bad at keeping a secret, for all you know... O and I'm from Spain," he finished, remembering he hadn't anwsered her question yet.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:15 pm

"Well, it's not exactly like people are gonna believe I'm from the future, doesn't seem quite like y'do. Anyway it don't mean I can do anythin you can't, just mean I got m'self a new arm when I needed it." Lyen explained a small chuckle escaping before addressing his former comment "But It might be a very good reason to be checkin the institutes. Might be a mass murderer, or some sexual deviant. Not like you want me standin over ya when ya wake." the corner of her mouth curling as she continued "Or maybe ya would like that?" she said before taking a seat, Lyennet could be odd when it came to flirting, she would normally partake of it quite readily, but anything more than verbal flirting was outside her comfort zone. In short she liked messing with heads.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Aemilio pulled a face at Lyenett's flirting - not so much at the strange way she went about doing it but more the accuraty of her small tease; as she brought it up he couldn't help but think he wouldn't honestly mind all that much if she was a sexual deviant. Probably best not to let that shine through though, he reminded himself as he quickly hed a hint of feeling caught. Keeping in mind it was likely Lyenett would talk to Keoki sooner or later - combined with her seemingly lacking some social or personal boundries - he decided not to make himself look like.. himself, just yet.
"You're a weird one aren't you?" he asked, a small grin on his face, "but you're right there, no one would believe me if I told them," he had to admit, purposely forgetting the nerds who set him up with his robotics for the time being. "So why exactly did you tell me? If you figured I wouldn't believe you... do you simply want me to assume you're insane or did you just feel like f*cking with me?" As he asked he kept grinning, slightly provocatively, and took one or two steps closer to her, putting his arms over each other.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down