Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The stars are alight (07-17-2011) Empty The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

Post  Ryel Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:54 am

It was a cool cloudless night, the stars shone many and bright, the darkness of the countryside all enveloping. As it was late the majority of the lights from the mansion where turned off, no light to pollute the view of the heavens above. Sat cross legged by the pond Lugh was only visible by the pale reflected moonlight from the water’s surface. The spectral of nature moved and inspired him to sing. The words and tune were not his normal cheerful upbeat but rather solemn, haunting. His voice rendered unearthly by a slight echo, an effect of using his natural charming magic.

Baile atá taobh thiar
An domhan romhainn
Agus tá go leor cosáin siúil
trí scáth
Chun an imeall na hoíche
Go dtí go bhfuil na réaltaí go léir tuirlingt

Ceo agus scáth
Scamall agus scáth
Déanfar gach tréig
Gach déanfaidh ... tréig

Seasann muid anseo anois
Ar imeall na cinniúint
Ní bheidh muid troid ach cogaidh agus bás fan
In aghaidh scáth
Ar fud an oíche ar fad
Go dtí gach rud leagtha ceart

Ceo agus scáth
Scamall agus scáth
Déanfar gach tréig
Gach déanfaidh ... tréig

Ceo agus scáth
Scamall agus scáth
Déanfar gach tréig
Gach déanfaidh ... tréig

Placing his violin to his chin as the song came to an end he continued the simple soul rending melody. His mind wandering along paths memory; back to Tara Foír. Friends and family weighed heavily on him, but what came to mind strongest were the memories of Annan his betrothed, he hadn’t seen her in nearly six years. Such thoughts always came to mind on nights where the sky was clear, it was rare that both him and Annan would be on the surface together, and the first time they had been, had been a night not so different to this one. His most cherished memory. To say he missed her would be an understatement. The violin piece coming to its close Lugh took a deep breath and repeated the chorus once more.

Ceo agus scáth
Scamall agus scáth
Déanfar gach tréig
Gach déanfaidh ... tréig

Having finished the song he placed the violin gently on the ground before reaching under his shirt and removing the small silver pendant and chain. Shaped like two crescent moons facing each other with a small black gem in the space between. “Mé fada tar éis duit é, aon am ró-ghearr.*” He choked fingering the pendant, nearly on the verge of tears, from his memories and the song.

((*I long after you, no time is too short.))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

The stars are alight (07-17-2011) Empty Re: The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Despite the late hour Dominique had walked out of the house, wearing a warm sweater over her nightgown and a pair of glasses she wandered throug the garden. Hearing the sound of a violin she started walking to where the sound had come from. Even though her eyes where open it didn't mean that she was awake, she was sleeping walking like she had done many times before.
That being the reason why she didn't really notice that Lugh was on the verge of tears, so she just walked up to him and asked: "Are there cherryfish in this cream lake?"

((what is the song he sang? and yay for sleepwalkerslogic))
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:27 pm

"No there's no fish." Lugh replied, not really paying attention, his mid else ware. Still staring at the pendant he hadn't yet realized Dominique was sleep walking "Bit late for you to be out?" he asked only now looking up from where he was sitting. "Oh!" he said seeing the glazed expression that revealed the state she was in.

((don't know the name of it, and I'm afraid as I only have one hand for typing at the minute i wont be translating right this minute. but the general theme is about how life marches on and all you can do is try to do the right thing.))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Hearing that there where no cherryfish in the cream lake in front of Dominique started looking around she spotted, thanks to the reflection of the stars in the water, the pool. In had current state she didn't understand why Lugh asked her why she was out so late.
"No," she therefor answered and thought that his 'Oh!' was part of him understanding that it wasn't late at all, well not in her mind. Hoping to find what she was looking she started walking towards the pool.

Last edited by Vampire Miyu on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Lugh just watched as she moved forwards hoping she wouldn't jump in the water, last thing he really wanted right now was to save someone from drowning. "There are no fish" he repeated hoping it would deter her, "By Danu, I never can have a break?" he asked the heavens getting to his feet.

((Is it Dominique or Azar?))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Hearing Lugh say once again that there where no fish, not even in the other 'cream lake' Dominique stopped and turned to look at him again. "But I have to get cherryfish from a cream lake," she replied her voice suggesting that if she didn't something bad would happen, "if they aren't in this lake or in that one then where...?"

((ah f*ck sorry messed up my own characters XD it's Dominique, Azar doesn't sleep walk, sorry for the confusion))
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:48 pm

"You could try the freezer? I think I saw one in there earlier when I was helping with dinner." Lugh lied directing her back towards the mansion. Putting the pendant back on and picking up his fiddle he turned to guide her back inside "Come on I'll give you a hand finding it." he said, much as this disturbance was annoying him it was distracting him from his previous thoughts.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:17 pm

At the mere mentioning of cherryfish from the freezer Dominique stared at him like he had absolutely lost his mind. "I can't go to the chocolate cat with cherryfish that are already death," she said as if it was the most common knowledge there was, she looked at the gate then, "maybe there are cherryfish in the cream lakes of the forest..."
With that being said she started walking towards the fence, planning on trying to find out how she could best get on the otherside of it once she would have reached it.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 pm

“Why is every thing sweets with you tonight? Chocolate cat, Cherry fish.” Lugh muttered starting after her it really was not the time of day to enter the forest, not to mention the fact that she’d probably get lost. “Don’t be silly, Cherry Fish only live in rivers there are no rivers nearby.” He called after her, trying to avoid her injuring herself trying to get over the fence. ‘I swear there a children less self destructive’ he thought.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Dominique's shoulders slumped when Lugh said that cherryfish only lived in rivers, turning around she looked at him again. "But I was told cherryfish lived in cream lakes," she answered confused and a little worried, "I have to find some cherryfish or the peachbirds will be eaten by the chocolate cat."
She now just stood there uncertain of what to do, she needed cherryfish if she wanted to help save the peachbirds. But if they only lived in rivers and there where no rivers nearby. And to make matters worse the chocolate cat had demanded living cherryfish so frozen once wouldn't do. What was she going to do, she looked at Lugh with an almost begging look, hoping that he could help her.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:21 am

"Peachbirds?" Lugh asked disbelievingly "Tell you what, take me to the chocolate cat, maybe I can convince him to spare the Peachbirds." Lugh said hoping this would lead to her returning to bed, not really caring as long as she wasn't at a chance of drowning herself.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:37 am

Dominique looked at Lugh with a wtf-look when he asked her to take her to the chocolate cat, was he serious? (The ironie.) When she noticed he was actually serious she sighed and started explaining: "You can't just go the chocolate cat, that's like just walking in on the queen of England. And even if we where allowed to see the chocolate cat I wouldn't know how to how to reach the house of the chocolate cat. And either way the chocolate cat won't be confinced, if he doesn't get what he wants others will pay severly."
Once that was said she sighed in defeat and sat down where she was standing, putting her head in her hands she muttered something along the lines of: "I'm so sorry peachbirds, I really am."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Lugh sighed lying down on the grass near Dominique "I'm sure the peachbirds will be fine the chocolate cat, is more words than action" He muttered wondering how he'd got himself into this conversation. 'Danu, wish she would wake up' he thought drawing the violin to his chin again, this time playing whatever came to him, his fingers wandering the strings.

((sorry i've been gone my laptop, set itself on fire, have a new one now.))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Sighing Dominique shook her head, clearly Lugh didn't understand anything about the chocolate cat and how unreasonable it was. Hearing him starting to play the violin again she let herself fall backwards to lie down as well, but she hadn't noticed the small rock that was right there where her head was going to lie. Not until it was too late that is.
With a yelp she didn't just sat up she jumped back to her feet, her eyes wild; as if she had been hunted or something and was now ready to fight her hunter. It took sometime before she calmed down and she just tried to orientate herself, seeing that she was in the garden and Lugh was with her she sat back down again.
"I was sleepwalking again, wasn't I," it wasn't really a question, but she was a little embarrassed, "what was I saying and doing this time?"

((how did your laptop accomplish to burst into flames on it's own? good to have you back though))
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:34 pm

"Afraid so yes, I was all rather logical, well other than the ranting about needing a cherryfish for the chocolate cat to save the peachbirds. I swear you where trying to drown yourself." Lugh said still playing away.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Dominique chuckled when Lugh told her what she had been doing while she had been sleep walking.
"Cherryfish that's a new one," she said more to herself then to him, "and don't worry I've never heard myself during sleepwalking. But why are you still up and out here?"
She assumed that he hadn't followed her out because he had his violin with him.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 pm

"Still, I would feel very guilty if I through inaction allowed a pretty girl to suffer injury or worse." Lugh replied taking time to think how to answer the question concerning his presence. Finally he answered, ceasing the music as he did "I was thinking of someone from home. And I came to look at the stars, it is a wonderfully clear night." he said the tone in his voice changing.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:30 am

Dominique smiled a warm smile at Lugh when he said he didn't wanted her to get hurt during sleep walking because he hadn't done anything. "That's really sweet of you," she said, "but this won't be the last time that I've sleep walked during my stay here."
She was looking at him until he mentioned the clear sky, turning her gaze towards the stars she smiled, but only faintly because of the change in his tone of voice.
"How long have you been gone from home then?" she asked still looking at the stars, "If you're homesick so shortly after your arrival here?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 am

"I'm a gentleman, and as pretty as you are, I'd assume you'd be less so after being corpse-ified, no offence. So let's preserve those features" He said a small grin forming on his face for a fraction of a second "Going on six years now... Six years" he replied "I was home about three years ago, but those where special circumstances, I hadn't the freedom to pay visits."

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 am

Now Dominique blushed a little and chuckled at his corpse comment, seeing the humor of it. But her amusement soon ended when he answered her question. She looked at Lugh again, confusion clear on her face. Six years?! Not having the freedom to pay visits?
"I've got a feeling that you are not going to tell me," she started, hoping to at least clearify a small part of the confusion in her head, "but I have to ask anyway. Why can't you just go home and visit your family and friends?" An idea popped up in her head then and she added: "And can you talk to them over the internet? Cause I've got a webcam with headset that you can use if you want, it's not the same as really talking with them but it's something."
She couldn't imagine going 6 years without seeing her parents or her friends back home, which caused the seemingly strange twist in the conversation. She just really wanted to help him.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:08 pm

"The area I come from is rather remote, internet access isn't common out there. Also I'm useless with computers. As for why I haven't just been home, at the risk of soundly like a criminal, I'm an outcast of sorts." Lugh replied begining to play again "Sorry for not explaining it too well, I'm just a rather private person, and don't want to wrap others up in my personal problems." he explained

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Now Dominique really felt bad for Lugh, she still didn't understand what was going on but she had a bit of an idea. She really wished that she could help him somehow, but almost all her ideas involved the internet but of course they wouldn't work if that wasn't all that common where he was from. Which was a bit of a strange idea to her, a country in the western world where internet wasn't available everywhere. Weird...
"Can't they visit you," she then asked, the only idea she could come up with that didn't involve internet, "or is that also not allowed?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:52 pm

"They could, but I've been moving about a lot the past few years." Lugh said, it was difficult to get permission to get topside, although most of Lugh's family where well respected and high up in the hierarchy. So while permission wasn't a problem getting time off was.
"It's fine though, don't feel down on my behalf, can't have you creasing that pretty face." He smiled putting the violin gently beside himself. "But seeing as I'm here for a while I might just get a visitor or two, if I'm lucky."

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Dominique smiled faintly when Lugh said that it was fine, but she raised a brow when he once again complimented her on her looks. Remebering the day they had arrived she started wandering if he used flirting as a way to lighten the atmosphere or smothing. But that didn't stop her from asking: "Are you always this flirty or am I just lucky?"
Her smile increased when he said he might get a visitor while he was here because he would be here for some time. "I hope you do."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 pm

"Honestly I flirt with everyone, normally without noticing. It's just who I am, trust me if I choose to pursue you you'll know." he said adding a second later "And you'll be helpless to resist." he grinned, as much as Lugh did flirt a lot he was careful to avoid flirting with people who would not appreciate it, unless they deserved it.

"And of course you're lucky, you're privileged enough to be in my magnificent presence." he laughed the laughter quickly cut short by a painful pang of intense hunger, screaming he lurched forward holding his midriff. While Lugh was always hungry, maintenance through the consumption of souls prevented such events, but having been distracted Lugh had neglected this.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next