Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The stars are alight (07-17-2011) - Page 2 Empty Re: The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Ah now Dominique understood, his flirting was just part of his personality that was bound to get him into some awkward situation at some time. However when he said that she wouldn't be capable of resisting him when he would really start flirting with her she raised a brow.
"And what if I already have someone else that I like?" she asked with a slightly challenging smile, her mind uncapable of not thinking of Axel.
When he said that she was lucky because she was in his presence she laughed as well; "I'm honoured." Her laughter stopped instantily though, when he suddenly doubled over. Changing her positions so that she now was sitting right besides him she worriedly put a hand on his shoulder and asked: "Are you okay? Do you need anything?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

The stars are alight (07-17-2011) - Page 2 Empty Re: The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:46 pm

"Small flask ... By the pond." Lugh grunted sweating heavily from the pain "It's made from electrum... yellowish metal." he pointed towards it, before quickly withdrawing it towards his stomach as another pang of pain hit him, his already pale skin becoming more so.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Looking over towards the pond Dominique couldn't see the flask, but she nodded and ran over anyway. Once she was closer she saw the yellowish metal of the flask Lugh had asked for, grabbing it she run back to him. She gave the flask to him before sitting down next to him again, putting her hand on his shoulder once more.
"Is there anything else you need?" she asked in a very worried voice when she saw that he had turned even paler then he had already been, "you really don't look too well..."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Lugh didn't speak unscrewing the flask and draining the contents, a small amount of the black liquid escaped from the corner of his mouth running down his neck, this trickle quickly evaporated into a fine black mist before dissipating. The flask now empty Lugh took a gasp of air and sighed; lying back down, within a few minutes the colour returned to his face.
"Sorry about that." he managed to say eventually, his stomach grumbled noting that his hunger was far from sated, just not causing agony anymore.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Until the small trickle of black liquid evaported into a black mist before dissapearing Dominique had just been worried about Lugh's health. Now she was also a little scared and freaked out, having pulled back her hand even before he had lay himself back down.
"What did you just drink?" she asked him, her voice and expression betraying her current emotional state. She didn't have a clue of what liquid could possibly evaported so quickly and still be drinkable. So he'd better have a good explanation.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 pm

"It's a supplement or medication, whatever you want to call it. It's designed to curb my hunger, that little display being what happens if I neglect to take it regularly." Lugh explained assuming she had seen how much he ate at mealtimes and hoping she wouldn't press the matter. "Tastes like metal though, rotten stuff."

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Unfortuantly for Lugh his explanation wasn't enough to stop Dominique's curiosity or from asking another question. She had never been very good at science but she did know that any liquid that evaporised so fast is usually a gas, but the flask couldn't be capable of maintain such a low temperature that it allowed a gas to be liquid could it? And even if it could what kind of gas could be used as a medication against hunger issues.
"What kind of medicine can possibly be safe to consume while it evaporates within a minute when exposed to air?" she asked confusion now added to her emotional state.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:05 am

"I honestly don't know what it is, I take it and it does the job. And I'm not a doctor, although I remember the medic mentioning something to do with neural chemistry." Lugh really didn't know how to get out of mentioning the liquid was condensed souls, and saying that would land him somewhere he really didn't want to be, if she would even believe that. "Look I'm not dead, and I've been taking it for years with no negative impact to my health."

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:17 am

"Neural chemistry?" she repeated seeming to longer be scared or freaked out anymore, just confused now. Neural chemistry was something she knew was way out of her league of understanding with the mere basic chemistry she had learned in high school. Luckily for Lugh she accepted this as a good enough explanation of what she had seen, mainly because she just didn't know anything about neural chemistry.
"It has to be annoying to have to take medication your entire live, especially if it tastes that bad," she then said, "how often do you have to take it?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:33 am

"Like I said I don't know much about it. And yes it is a pain, but I'd rather drink it than go through the agony. Wouldn't you?" he replied more relaxed now that she had let it slide "About five times a day, that includes waking up in the middle of the night for another dose. Needless to say I enjoy my sleep, and as a result am not a morning person."

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 am

Dominique made a face when Lugh said that he had to wake up every night to take a dose of his 'medication', but she had to smile when he added that the wasn't much of a morning person because of that. "I'm not a morning person either," she said, "though not because I have to wake up every night." Remembering something she looked at him a little guilty; "Is it because of my sleepwalking that you had forgotten to take your dosis on time?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:03 am

"No I was rather lost in my memories, wasn't paying much attention to the passing of time.’I wander the paths of the past, treading the light of the stars above, the tears of Danu, shed in love.'" Lugh quoted it was honestly no one’s fault but his own, and he knew it. "My religion is ancient, Danu being the name of the mother/all goddess, It was said that the stars where the tears she shed after the loss of her children. Danu comes up in a lot of myth and early religion throughout Eurasia, centring on the Danube River." he explained

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:17 am

Dominique looked relieved when Lugh told her that her sleepwalking hadn't been the reason he had missed his dose. She looked at him a little confused again when he called the stars 'the tears of Danu', not really familiar with any mythogoly other then Egyptian. She listened curiously as he explained to her his choice of words, thinking it was bitter sweet.
"I'll take your word for it," she told him after he was done explaining, "the only myths I really know is are from Egypt."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:42 pm

"Egypt isn't really my speciality, I mean I know the most of it, but my expertise lies in older myths and cultures, Gilgamesh or older. A large proportion of Egyptian mythology is fairly recent. My doctorate concerns the origins of myth. Which I admit does include some of the older gods from Egypt." Lugh explained the way he mentioned 'the older gods from Egypt' almost sounded like they existed, that they where fact rather than myth.
“Do I sense a, tone of scepticism, regarding my beliefs or the beliefs of anyone for that matter?” he asked when she said she’d take his word for it.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Though Dominique did find it a bit strange that Lugh talked about the ancient Egyptian gods in a matter of fact kind of way. But just shrugged that off as something that had to do with his study, thinking that he had to think of the myths as real to properly study them or something along those lines.
When he asked if she was skeptical about his believe she came back on that thought though, now assuming that he really did believe that the gods from myths existed. Not wanting to offened him she did her best to hide how weird she thought that was and answered: "No offence to you or anyone else who really believes in god or gods but I don't. I like myths because they are often beautifull or bitter sweet or exciting stories, but that's all they are to me, stories."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:08 pm

Lugh smirked as she said it 'There's a myth sat right beside you.' he thought, "It's my experience that there's a measure of truth behind ever myth. I mean who's to say there wasn't a goddess that cried massive spheres of gas that burn at unfathomably large distances from us." he chuckled "The problem with science it that while a valid and worthwhile pursuit, it conditions us to lose the sense of wonder the children have. A god could always choose to make itself known, science cannot disprove the existence of gods until Humanity gains the abilities that would make them no different than the gods of myth." he said trying to avoid it sounding like a lecture.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:23 pm

When Lugh mentioned that science couldn't disprove the existence of gods until humans become capable of what the gods can do Dominique couldn't help but think of her telekinese. Looking down and away as that happened, but she tried to make it look like she was thinking over what he had just told her. And on that notion asked: "Let's say that the gods and goddesses of myths do exists then why don't they interact with us? I don't mean on a regulare basis just when we are really ignoring what it is that god or goddess stands for?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:35 pm

"Oh you got me there. Who knows maybe they abandoned us, maybe they need constant devotion to sustain their existence. And no one said they were actually immortal numerous myths have gods dying in them, maybe they're extinct. All speculation of course. After all, the Flood in the tale of Gilgamesh actually happened we think black sea was reformed. I'm just saying that all stories have their origin somewhere, who knows there may be vampires, or forest spirits." he said wondering what it would have been like to have been alive during the ages when magic and mythical beings where known to humans.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Dominique couldn't stop herself from grinning a little when Lugh said that she had him with her question, despite the fact that he could get himself out quite well. It was quite interesting to talk to someone who really believed in myths, it gave them a new perspective and she had to agree that they all must have some truth.
"My mom always told me that people made up myths to help understand what they couldn't explain," she said, "and that that is also how religions began. But that when people get power they get corrupted and that's how a lot of religions got out of hand and became so controlling as they are now."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 am

"People are weak to temptation, people are the problem not the belief, and most religions promote kindness, compassion, humility. Like you said power corrupts people, not ideals, not thoughts, not belief. Honestly I think a religion is better off when it doesn't have a leader. If the rules and tenants of the religion have been well written then they should apply as much today as when they where written, a leader is not needed." Lugh said pausing for a moment considering whether or not to say what was on his mind "Whether you believe in a higher power or not, it is still a belief and your lack of a religion shapes what you do as my religion does Me." he said deciding to go through with it.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:22 am

Having to go over what Lugh had just told her Dominique was quite for a while, trying to fully understand what he had said before she would answer. She did had to admit that it all sounded very logical and a little idealistic, but where would we be if we didn't have hope.
"That makes sense," she said eventually, "though I would probably never have thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it." Looking at the stars that she loved so much she smiled; "I kinda like the idea that the stars are the tears of a mother goddes, instead of just pieces of rock lightyears away. It fits them better and it sounds more romantic."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 am

"More romantic eh? I suppose it is” Lugh chuckled, his midriff growling again, "Oh quiet you I'll feed you in a minute." He muttered picking up the violin again, starting a slow melodic tune, one that seemed to carry a narrative, “So when are we going to get to the rehearsal?"

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 am

Dominique shrugged when Lugh chuckled when she had said it sounded more romantic, continuing to look at them as well as listening to his violin play. At the mentioning of the rehearsal she looked at him again, a little apolatical I may say. "As soon as a friend of mine gets round to emailing me the right sheet music," she explained, "there is a song from a band that I like to listen to that is based on traditional mideastern music. Whenever it's played there are always a few people that try to belly dance to it and I can't blame them. But anyway my friend knows how to get her hands on the sheet music of that song and give it to me so that I can give it to you and Aemilio and maybe Tobias... He said he might want to join in as well."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 am

Lugh didn't anwser for a while lost to the melody, it had been a while since he had poured himself into the music, and it showed. As the tune came to the climax Lugh played with vigour to match the increased tempo the honeyed notes wafting through the night air. "Sorry about that, eh yeah that's fine Tobias is free to join us, what does he play, or is he joining you?" lugh asked finally waking from the trance.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:12 am

At first Dominique found it a little strange when Lugh didn't react after her explanation, but as the tune got more depht to it she understood. His bodylanguage betraying that he was too preoccupied with the tune he was playing to really answer, so she waited until the strings of the violin where silent again.
"That was beautifull," she complimented before answering his question, "Tobias said that he'd might accompony us on the harmonica, so far I'm still dancing solo which isn't uncommon with belly dancing."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next