Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The stars are alight (07-17-2011) - Page 3 Empty Re: The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

Post  Ryel Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:24 pm

“Thank you, I’m not quite at the professional standard just yet.” Lugh said modestly flexing his fingers ready to start again, “Yeah Tobias is welcome to join us.” Lugh said a surprised look appearing on his face “Really, you normally dance solo? Not sure that would be my cup of tea.” He chuckled, Lugh’s knowledge of forien human cultures and customs was dreadfully poor compared to his knowledge of other races.

((Sorry I was at the hospital for most of yesterday and went straight to bed when I got home. Turns out I need surgery for my shoulder as expected.))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

The stars are alight (07-17-2011) - Page 3 Empty Re: The stars are alight (07-17-2011)

Post  Vampire Miyu Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Dominique looked a little confused at Lugh when he said that he wasn't at a professional level yet, recalling that he was going for his master in mythology. "I thought that you where studying mythology," she said, "not going for a professional muscian, even though you are well on your way if you ask me with the last one. And yeah like I said belly dancing is usually done solo, sometimes with a partner or in a group. I don't mind dancing with someone, just come people don't really know how to belly dance and that stops them from joining in."

((don't worry about it, hope surgery will go well))
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 pm

"Yeah I was referring to the music; you should see my sister, the fifth one, Aine. She plays in the orchestra, first seat. Puts me to shame." Lugh chuckled "A lot of people claim to be unable to dance full stop, never mind belly dance. All lies of course, everyone can dance, they just don't know the steps." he said as he began to play a quiet peaceful tune, well as quiet as a violin can be.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 pm

"The fifth one?" Dominique echoed, but Lugh had then made a comment about how people lied about nog being capable of dancing. To which she nodded in agreement having heard quite a few people claim that, unfortunately most of the time after they had seen her dance. She wanted to ask hin about his siblings but he had already begon another tune, so she waited until the tune was done before continuing, "How many siblings do you have? And how many are musically talented like you?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 pm

The tune came to an end, or should have at least, Lugh continued playing "In lieu of the absent background music" he smiled as she asked her question "I've eight sisters, seven older then me one younger. I've a terrible soft spot for Danan, the youngest. But no Anya is the only one other than me who plays regularly; although Danan was learning the harp when I left all those years ago, things may be different now. How about you any siblings?"

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Dominique blinked a couple of times in surprise when Lugh told her he had eight siblings, all sisters and just one younger then him. Though she wouldn't admit it she got a little jealous after he had told her that, always having wanted a sister, preferably older. So when he asked her if she had any siblings she shook her head with a slightly sad smile.
"No I'm an only child, my mom had a lot of difficulties getting pregnant so..." she told him, her face lighting up when she added, "but I've got two older cousins in Egypt who kinda act like how I would imagine a bad influencial big brothers would act whenever I see them."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:47 pm

"Older siblings exist to protect and guide the younger children. If you're cousins are a bad influence, you should hit them. If not I'll do it." Lugh grinned, the grin disappearing from his face rather rapidly, "I'm a terrible big brother. I left Danan all alone; she was only five when I left." His mind wandering back to his little sister, how she followed him every ware, clutching a pillow, how she was so sure what was best for her stubborn to the bone and how she would randomly lie down on that pillow and just go to sleep regardless of the time of day.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:02 am

"You seriously think I don't hit them when they need it?" Dominique asked Lugh with a raised brow and an amused smile, "No don't worry, they aren't that much of a bad influence. More getting me into bars I was too young for, underage drinking stuff like that, but they would never let anyone lay a finger on me and they listened when I so no and meant it."
When Lugh said he was a terrible big brother she started to feel bad for him again, putting a hand on his shoulder as a sign that she was there for him if he needed and wanted. "Do you write her?" she asked in a gentle voice, "It's slower then the internet but the mail comes everywhere eventually and it's a way to still be a part of her live, even if it's just a small part."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:44 pm

"I do write. Every month, but a letter is hardly the same as being there." Lugh yawned "You can't share a joke, you can't talk until the sun rises, and you can't really support them through hard times." Lugh said, you would think that ten years would be nothing to someone from such a long lived race, but ten years is still ten years.
“Anyway I think it’s about time for supper and then bed.” He said ceasing the music and getting to his feet, “Care to join me?” he asked before adding “I mean to the house, not my bed.”

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:31 pm

"That's true but it's better then nothing," Dominique said trying to make Lugh feel a little better about his current situation, "and it's not like you won't ever see her again."
It wasn't all that much of a pep talk, she knew that but she didn't really knew what else she could say to try and make him feel better. She raised a brow when he said that it was time for supper, he was going to have a real meal in the middle of the night? She had to chuckle though when he asked if she wanted to join him to the house and not to his bed, already having guessed that.
"Sure I'll come along," she answered, "but I don't need a midnight snack."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm

"Fair enough, let’s go then." Lugh said his stomach agreeing with the movement to the kitchen. The pair then moved towards the mansion, the stars above still as bright as they had been.

((Sorry for disappearing, I've had a lot going on and have been stressed out, brain couldn't produce anything. I can't remember where I was taking this so do you mind if we end it? Again sorry))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 pm

((Ah yes stress is on hell of a musekiller, hope you'll be capable of destressing soon. And yeah sure, don't really know anything myself to add, I'll tell SaisCy it can be closed))

~END~
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3