Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Required Reading (09-02-2011) [Open to everyone]

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Required Reading (09-02-2011) [Open to everyone] Empty Required Reading (09-02-2011) [Open to everyone]

Post  TobiasBlack Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 am

With a clear sky above and a somewhat quiet street in front of him, Tobias, music ringing forth from his earphones as he walked, made his way down the streets of Penrose, his eyes scanning the store fronts as he continued onwards. As he continued to walk onwards, he soon came to a stop, his eyes coming to rest on what looked like a book shop, the exterior suggesting that it was a fairly modern store. Having wanted to pick up the books he would require for University for a while now, but being unable to due to his recovery from the party a few nights ago at the mansion, Tobias, after a few seconds hesitation, turned his music off, lowered his earphones and made his way inside, hoping to find the books he would need for the coming year at University.

Upon entering the shop, Tobias, after a quick scan of the interior and the many book on offer, found his eyes shifting to the history section of the store as he made his way over, his earphones resting on his shoulder as he did so. Scanning over the books for a second as he attempted to look for the one he needed, Toby found his eyes drawn to one book in particular, the words on the spine causing him to raise an eyebrow. Taking it from its place on the shelf, Tobias gave the cover a once over, the words " A History of Penrose" piquing his interest as he opened the book and began to read, losing focus on his surroundings for the time being as he continued reading, hoping to find out a little more about the towns history.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Required Reading (09-02-2011) [Open to everyone] Empty Re: Required Reading (09-02-2011) [Open to everyone]

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Still not having fully recovered from the night of the attack, but going crazy inside her room Dominique had taken a cab towards Penrose. Wanting to do something other then staring at her room, at her laptop or at books that she had already read. Of course she visited Axel multiple times a day to check on him and help him with things if she could, but she needed something new to do for the times that she wasn't with him.
So now that she was in Penrose, wearing a scarf and a warm sweater under her jacket despite it still being rather mild, she decided to go to the local bookshop to find some new reading material. Upon entering she didn't immediately noticed Tobias being there as well, her eyes more focussed on books rather then people. It wasn't until she almost walked past him that she notice him.
"Oh hey Tobias," she said a little surprised, her eyes going to the book he was holding a little curious, "how are you?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Required Reading (09-02-2011) [Open to everyone] Empty Re: Required Reading (09-02-2011) [Open to everyone]

Post  TobiasBlack Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Much Like Nique, Tobias failed to notice Nique initially, his gaze fixated on the book describing the history of Penrose and its surrounding areas. It wasn't until Nique had said something to him that Tobias looked up from the book, turning round to face Nique as a friendly smile appeared on his face as he realised who was talking to him. Closing the book, he kept it in his hand as he lowered it, his eyes fixed on Nique as he turned to face her. "Oh hey Nique, didn't see you come in." he said with a smile as his eyes locked on her. "I'm good thanks, given the circumstances." he said with a chuckle as he rubbed the back of his neck. "What about yourself ? Keeping well I hope" he soon added as he looked back to the shelves for a few seconds, taking another book off the shelf before looking back to her again, curious about how she was holding up, given the attack that had occured a few days back.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Catching from the corner of her eyes that Tobias had closed the book in his hands Dominique's eyes looked down a moment to read it's title. She looked right back up when he greeted her though, a smile on her face, which turned a little wry at the mentioning of the circumstances. She still didn't remember much of the attack, not that she was trying to remember, but what she remembered frightened her.
"Good to hear you're good," she said trying to make her smile normal again, not really succeeding though, "I'm not a 100% yet but getting there, physically... So you're studying the towns history?"
Subtle as a blunt axe, but hopefully a succesfull change of subject.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Hearing Nique mention that she was still not feeling well from the events that had transpired at the mansion, as well as seeing her trying to smile after hearing it, a small look of sadness appeared on Toby's face face as he looked to her, a twinge of guilt shooting thorugh him as he did so. "Ah I'm sorry to hear that Nique" he said as he shifted the books in his hands. Before he had a chance to put the back though, he heard her question in regards to studying the history of the town, a chuckle escaping his lips as he looked back to her.

"It seems I've been caught red handed" he said with a smile as he looked down to the book. "I won't lie Nique, after the events that transpired a few days ago, I find myself a victim to the trappings of curiousity" he said with a smile as he continued to look over the book. " That being said, I think I shall leave this for another time, only have enough to get the books I need for University" he said with a chuckle as he put the book back. "So Nique, what brings you to town today ?" he soon asked as he looked back to her.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Dominique had trouble keeping her smile on her face when her subtle change of subject wasn't a real change of subject. And because of that she couldn't stop herself when Tobias said that he had gotten curious because of the attack.
"Curiousity killed the cat," she flapped out, giving him an apolatical look when she realised what she had said, though still sticking too it. She didn't wanted to know, she wanted to pretend things where still normal and making sense. Even just something as simple as only having enough money for schoolbooks suddenly was nolonger as normal as it would have been before the party.
"I'm just here because I really needed to something to do that wasn't within my room, or Axel's," she answered his question with a small shrug, "and I need at least one new book to read to have something new to do while I'm recovering."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Turning back to Dominique after hearing her comment about his curiosity, Tobias chuckled as he looked back to her, the look she gave him causing to raise an eyebrow as he continued to smile. "Oh you've got that right Nique, hence why I'd rather stick to reading about the town's history instead of taking a more.....hands on approach, if you will" he said with a chuckle as he put the book back, taking out the one he was looking for as he did so. It was at this point he decided to keep the planned trip with Aemilio, Creed and Keo into the woods a secret, realising the info would probably not sit well with her.

Hearing her mention Axel and his condition, Tobias hesitated for a second, a twinge of guilt passing through his system as he heard her mention his name. "Ah yeah, Axel. How is he doing ?" he said as he turned back to her, a new book in his hand as he began to make his way over to the counter. Upon hearing her mention that she was looking for something to do that didn't involve staying in Axel or her own room, Tobias turned as he scratched his head. "Well Nique, I don't exactly have a lot of plans. You want to hang out ?" he said as he turned to her, waiting for her answer before going to purchase the book.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:32 pm

A small shiver went through Dominique's body at the mentioning of a more hands on approach then reading to try and find out about what had happened. Not wanting to think about going into the forest, she now already hated the cabride over the forestpath. Trying to distract herself from that she started to look at the titles of the books, looking for something that might be interesting.
At the question of how Axel was doing she looked down for a moment, leaving a little bad that she wasn't with him even though he had said that it was okay.
"His ribs are bruised," she answered, "so he's on some pretty strong painkillers, but other then that he's doing okay."
She wandered over to a different genre of books, while Tobias made his way to the counter, picking a big one of the shelves that seemed promising. She looked up from the book when he asked if she wanted to hang out with him once they where done here.
"Yeah that sounds like fun," she said with a smile joining him at the counter, "as long as it's nothing to active."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:21 am

Hearing Nique's description of Axels injuries and how they would require him to be on medication for a while, a small look of guilt appeared on Tobias' face as he himself thought back to the night of the attack, the memories not sitting well as he dwelled on it for a second as he thought for a second on how he could have done a bit more to help. Shaking his head, he soon looked back to Nique as he made his way over to the counter, reaching into his pocket as he took some money out. As he waited for his receipt, he turned to Nique once again, a friendly smile on his face as he did so.

"I'm sure Axel will be up and about in no time Nique, he strikes me as being the tougher of the two brothers, lord knows if it was Aemilio who had got hurt, I'm sure we wouldn't hear the end of it" he said with a friendly and hopefully reassuring smile before chuckling a little bit as he took the receipt and the book from the person behind the counter, turning back to Nique again as he went for the door, chuckling once more upon hearing her mention that she wasn't keen on the idea of anything active

"Wouldn't dream of it Nique, lord knows I wouldn't mind a quiet day myself" he said with a smile as he reached for the door handle, opening the door before moving out of the way and holding the door open, allowing Nique to cross the threshold first as he looked to her. " Is there anywhere in particular that you'd like to go today Nique, or should we just see where the wind takes us" he said with a smile as he waited for her answer.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:07 am

Dominique payed for her book right after Tobias, not reacting with much more then a smile and an 'I hope so' to his reassurance that Axel would be fine in no time. She didn't react at all though at his comment about Aemilio, wonderng if that really would be the case, seeing as he was half robot.
Taking her receipt she followed him towards the door, the fact that he hold the door so that she could walk out first granted him a smile and a 'thank you' before she started thinking about his question.
"I don't really know," she answered, looking back at him, "I'm pretty much in for letting the wind take us, unless you have a better idea of course."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:36 pm

With a smile and a nod, Tobias allowed Dominique to cross the threshold of the book store first, soon following after her as she made her way onto the sidewalk. "So what did you get ?" he asked, curious about the book she had just purchased. Closing the door to the book store behind him, Tobias dusted himself off before putting his new book in his bag, looking back to Nique after doing so. After hearing her chime in on what they should do, Tobias scratched his chin, looking down the road both ways before looking back to her. "Hmmm, unsure." he said as he rubbed the back of his neck, having not really been expecting to do anything else. "Tell you what Nique, why don't we go get a coffee or something, and then take it from there ?" he said with a smile as he waited for Nique's answer.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 pm

With a small smile Dominique showed Tobias the book she had just bought. The covered showed a witches cauldron with a syringe dripping a liquid into it and a candle lighting the scenery, the decorative letters above that said the title to be 'Magic & Drugs'*.
"It's a fantasy tale that takes place in our time," she explained, "about a young witch that does her very best to keep her ability a secret, but her world turns upside down when she gets a temporally roommate."
When Tobias was done looking at the book she put it in the backpack she had brought along and then nodded at his suggestion of getting a cup of coffee.
"Coffee sounds good," she answered with a smile, "so the 'BEAN' is our next destination? Or do you know a better place to go for a cup?"

*Magic and Drugs isn't a real book, it's a story that I'm writing with the help of NaNoWriMo, it's about the student live of Amy and how she finds love with Jack (SaisCy's character from Eon High) and then things get complicated
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Looking over the recently purchased book, Tobias nodded along as he listened to Nique explain the premise of the book, the premise of said book certainly capturing his attention. As he heard Nique finish, he looked back to her again with a smile. "Sounds good Nique, may have to invest in it myself at a later point, been looking for something to read that isn't a history book" he said with a smile and a chuckle as he gave the Magic and Drugs book one last look, mentally noting the name as Dominique proceeded to put it back in her bag. Soon shifting his gaze back to Dominique, Tobias nodded at her suggestion of going to 'BEAN'. "Sounds like a plan, let's head off then" he said with a smile as he began to walk in the direction of BEAN, keeping at a pace that would allow Nique to follow easily.

*Sound like quite an awesome story Irina :O
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Dominique was gratefull to Tobias that he was walking in an easy pace that she could follow without having to strain herself. Although her breathing betrayed that the walk was still putting a bit of a strain on her, causing her to cough as well a few times.
"So are you nervous about school starting soon?" she asked after walking for a while, trying to get a conversation going but not really knowing what to ask that wouldn't go back to the events of a few nights back, hench the kinda lame question.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:39 pm

While Tobias kept his pace initially, the sound of Dominique's laboured cough caused him to look for a second, another twinge of guilt shooting through his body as he decided to slow up a little bit more, not wanting Nique to strain herself to much with the walk. When he heard her ask if he was nervous about starting school, Tobias chuckled as he scratched the back of his head. "Well Nique, I'd be lying if I was to say I wasn't a little bit nervous" he said with a chuckle as he looked back to her. "That being said however, I'm also quite excited, if you can believe such a thing" he said with a smile. "What about yourself ? Looking forward to starting up ?" he soon asked, waiting for her answer as they continued down the street, also trying to avoid a line of questions that would return to the subject of the recent attack.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Aemilio was wandering around Penrose as well, not really out there for any particular reason other than boredom perhaps. He then noticed Tobias and some overdressed dread he quickly identified to be Dominique on the opposite side of the street. His initial response was to go over there and talk to them but instead he decided to observe them from a distance for a moment longer, hoping something interesting might take place.
Otherwise he'd invite himself to their company soon.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Dominique smiled a little apolatical at Tobias when he slowed his place down, it was a kind gesture and she was gratefull for that. She chuckled as well as he answered that he was excited about the nearing start of the schoolyear, she nodded in agreement when he asked if she could believe him. At his question she half nodded, half shoke her head.
"I am both nervous as well as excited about meeting my classmates and teachers," she answered, "I just hope I'll be recovered enough to last the entire first day... So have you been to the BEAN before?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Seeing Dominique's smile, Tobias also smiled as he kept his slower pace, listening to her speak about her own nervousness and excitment in regards to starting her classes. " Ah I'm sure you'll recover in no time Nique." he said with a smile as they continued down the road. "It's goldsmithing you're doing isnt it ? Or is it Art and design ?" he soon asked, having forgotten what classes it was she was doing at the University. Hearing her inquire into if he had ever been to BEAN before, Tobias shook his head with a chuckle, looking back to her after a few seconds.

"I havent had the chance yet sadly, though truth be told I've only been down here once or twice before, so I havent had much of a chance to explore" he said with a chuckle. It was at this time however that Tobias, his powers kicking into gear once more, started to notice something behind them, something that caused him to look to the side for a second. The sound of footsteps ringing in his ears, Tobias came to a stop for a few seconds, turning on the spot to see who it was the was following them, an eyebrow raised as he did so.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:33 pm

A little annoyed Tobias had already noticed him - or had turned around to see him by accident, but he found that rather unlikely - Aemilio quickly put on a smile and said to Tobias; "and there you blew my moment to scare you both." He then turned to Dominique: "you look better," was the kindest thing he could get out of his mouth honestly.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Dominique chuckled and nodded at Tobias both his guesses of what she was studying. "Art and Design for goldsmiths," she explained, "well at least the direction I'll be following is especially for goldsmiths. And your studying American history right?"
When he said that he hadn't been to the BEAN yet she suddenly remembered that during her date with Axel they had agreed on going to the BEAN together when it would be open. And now she was going with Tobias instead of Axel, because he wasn't very capable of leaving his room, now it was her turn to feel guilty. Maybe she could get him a to go cup or something, though she didn't know how he liked and if he liked coffee and it'd probably be cold by the time they would get to the mansion... Deciding that she would think of something when they where there she looked a little confused at Tobias. Having been too lost in thought to not notice he was a little distracted until he came to a stop and Aemilio came into the picture that was.
"Thanks," she answered, clearly not to happy about him joining them, "you bruised Axel's ribs in case you haven't heard yet, but he's recovering."
Was that mean to say? Yes, but she was still half sick so she had the define right to be bitchy*.

(*that is the same logic as when girls are in there periods and are being unreasonable and bitchy ^-^ XP)
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Upon hearing Nique mention her subject, Tobias chuckled as he scratched the back of his head. "Well, I was close at least" he said with a smile as he looked to her, nodding upon hearing her inquire into what it was he was studying. "Yep, American and Canadian studies, not as exciting as Art and Design but ah well" he said with a chuckle. Soon after this, Tobias, like Dominique, found his attention shifting to Aemilio, a small smile appearing on his face as he is eyes fell on him.

"Sorry to take away your chance to scare us Aemilio, but it's pretty to hard to sneak up on someone with my, well.....abilities, for lack of better words" he said with a chuckle as he looked to him. Soon after though, he found his gaze shifting to Dominique as she spoke to him, her frosty reception to Aemilio's appearance causing him to raise an eyebrow in confusion, his gaze soon shifting back to Aemilio to see what his reaction would be.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:21 pm

For a split second Aemilio's gaze at Dominique became exceptionally cold and unpleasant but he quickly altered his expression to a (still slightly cool, but rather) casual smile; "of course I did. As a matter of fact, I went to see him before coming here... but thank you for reminding me, you're a blessing when it comes to subtleness."
For a moment he regretted that coming out so very unfriendly but o well...

"So what were you upto before the ice princess here took her cheap shots at me?" he asked Tobias in a far cheerier way.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 pm

"I'm sure he appreciated that," Dominique said with a cold look, "and what's wrong can't take it when people threat you the way you threat them as soon as you longer like them?"
Was that a cheap shot? Definately, but it wasn't like Aemilio wouldn't make any at her if Tobias wasn't standing next to her. Al thought she wasn't all to certain if he wasn't going to make them anyway. She had learned a lot about how Aemilio worked because of her regulair visits to a drugged Axel, making her like him even less then she had ever since he had unnesecarry threatened her into keeping his robotic secret.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:55 pm

ReHaving picked up on the very obvious bad blood that was brewing between Dominique and Aemilio, Tobias looked between the two of them with a slightly confused look, unsure as to what he should do. When the two of them exchanged cold stares however, Tobias decided to step in, deciding it best to try and change the course of the conversation. "Ok, I think we all need to just calm down now" he said with a nervous and slightly awkward chuckle as he stepped between the two, looking from Dominique before looking back to Aemilio. "Well Aemilio, Dominique and I were just going for some coffee at BEAN and then maybe have a walk around the town, explore it a little more and what have you" he said, hoping that this would be enough to steer the conversation in a more positive direction.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Despite being very tempted to make another unplesant remark in Dominique's direction, he managed to hold his tongue when Tobias (every so obviously) tried to steer the conversation away from it's slightly unfriendly nature. Forcing a smile onto his face he replied: "just wandering around a little... it was a little boring around the mansion."
Then after a short silent moment of considering a cheeky grin appeared on his face; "dare I ask if I can join you?"
That question was directed at Dominique much more than Tobias, obviously, and as he awaited her anwser he looked at her with a dark kind of entertainment in his gaze.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next