Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all] Empty The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

Post  SaisCy Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:49 pm

It was a pleasant day in the Burglinde Forest area; the sky was blue, the sun was shining and the nice soft breeze made it so it was warm but not hot. If you'd pass through the small town of Penrose you'd immediatly be welcomed by smiles and laughter and the smell of flowers in bloom.

A little while away from this town you'd find the Meinior Mansion grounds, with on it the big mansion. If you'd pass through the gates and follow the path to the mansion you'd see a blond woman behind the window, gazing outside, enthusiastically waiting for the first tenants to arrive.
As soon as she saw someone nearing the mansion she disappeared from sight and hurried her way to the front door to welcome whoever it was coming.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all] Empty Re: The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Not far off a long haired young man, wandered up a familiar pathway, glancing at the changes from his last visit, "renovations?" he muttered to himself, dragging two rather large suit cases behind him, violin case strapped to his back. About twenty yards from the porch he placed his cases on the ground, a light breeze tugging at his clothes. "Right calls for a celebration." he said removing the violin case from his back and moving to open it.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all] Empty Re: The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Shortly after Lugh stopping in the garden for a small celebration a taxi drove up at the gates. Getting out was Dominique, who first had made a stop in Penrose to explore it a little and put her goldsmithing tools in the studio she was renting there.
She took her remaining luggage, two big suitcases, a backpack and a shoulderbag, out of the trunk of the cab after having payed the driver. And started walking in the direction the driver had said she would find the mansion in the fast garden, not expecting to come across another exchange student so soon.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Removing the instrument from it's case and a quick tune and he was ready, "A haon, a Dó, ceann dhá trí cheithre..." Lugh said before starting into a quick jig "Now that's more like it, like coming home" he chuckled starting into a small dance as he played. Turning around he spotted Dominique, and skipped towards her, kicking up dust as he played.
"Good day my lovely" he cried a massive grin on his face.
((He’s saying a one a two a one two three four, in Irish))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Not far behind the long haired young man and the girl called Dominique, two other young men followed the same pathway up to the mansion. The expensively dressed Hispanic one carried two big expensive-looking suitcases, another equally expensive-looking backpack, and a smug smirk as he phased along.
The more normally dressed blond guy a couple of steps behind him also had two suitcases but he seemed to have much more difficulty dragging his along, as they scraped over the ground and he had to take a brief break every and then.
"Aw, are the heavy suitcases to heavy for little Axel?" the darkhaired one asked in a patronising tone as he looked back over his shoulder.
"O shut up," his struggling stepbrother replied annoyed before ending his break and catching up on him.
Then they both noticed music followed by the two other people a little while further up the path.
"Looks like we're not the first," Axel remarked as they walked up to them.
"Seems so," Aemilio replied, "now do yourself a favor and keep up with me. If you arrive together with me the thrill of being in my pressence might distract them from the fact you're such a dork."
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:25 pm

A little surprised and impressed to be welcomed by a young man skipping towards her whilst playing a jig on his violin Dominique couldn't help but chuckle a little. Unsure whether or not to put a suitcase down so that she could over her hand to shake seeing as Lugh had both his hands full as well. So she just stuck with a vocal greeting for now until they would both have a hand free.

"Good day to you too, I'm Dominique," she said smiling at him, "I'm one of the new students here."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Keoki watched a taxi pass by as she walked further down the road, and noticed it turn not far in front of her, a good sign considering how long she'd already been walking. Steadying her two bags, she picked up with a jog, mostly trying not to drop anything, and managed to spot the house and a group of people around it a few minutes earlier than a walk would have allowed. With a huff, she slowed down, taking to just trailing behind everyone else as she approached the mansion.
Little Blue
Little Blue

http://littlebluesblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:34 pm

As Axel struggled with his heavy suitcases, Aemilio walked up to the two people in front of him.
"A musical welcome?" he remarked at Lugh's playing. Then he turned to Dominique and with a smile introduduced himself: "hey, I'm Aemilio."
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 pm

"Forgive my rudeness, I'm just in an awefully good mood." he said "I didn't get lost this time" almost giddy "Oh and I'm Lugh O'Brien. I'm a student myself, came to Penrose for my research. And more company" he said glancing behind Dominique. "She's beautiful ain't she?" he said turning back to the mansion, still playing away.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Making it to the group, Keo pulled her cap back on right, having loosened up on the way, and moved in enough to get into the conversation. Taking a glance around she gave a quick nod before speaking up, "Hey all. I'm Keoki. Student." She didn't say much else, but the label on her camera bag probably made her field of study obvious enough.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 pm

"Hii everyone," Axel said following Keoki's example as he finally got his luggage dragged to where everyone was standing, "I'm Axel."
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Even more surprised to be suddenly joined by three other students already she did her best to remember everyones name as he or she mentioned it. Looking at the students that she hadn't introduced herself to yet she repeated: "Hi I'm Dominique," and then looked at first the mansion and then at Lugh to answer his question, "yes the mansion is quite beautiful indeed."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:51 pm

"So many pretty people" he muttered "What ever will I do? Introduce myself!" He said the excitement getting to his head somewhat "Lugh O'Brien, I'm here for a doctorate in mythology. And to meet interesting people. Maybe eat something while I'm here too." his stomach growing at the thought of food, and rather loudly too. Ending the song Lugh stopped jumping about and took a small bow.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 pm

"Nice to meet you all," Axel said with a smile, then to Lugh: "you're really talented. And... energetic," he added in a half chuckle.
Meanwhile a slightly annoyed glance crossed Aemilio's face - already hating Lugh for being the centre of attention instead of him - but he quickly fought it off as he didn't want to make a bad first impression.
"How about we all go in and get rid of our heavy luggage and then continue the introductions?" he suggested.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:15 am

She hadn't caught the entire song, but it was very nice, even with some introductions over it. "Yeah, you're good at that, Lugh, was it?" It didn't take too long before she heard a suggestion to get settled in, and turned more towards the door. "Might as well. It's a bit of a walk here after all." Looking back real quick, she started heading to the entrance.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 am

“And hungry” he noted to Axel, his midriff agreeing again “Quite you.” He told it. “Ah now this man has brains.” He said in response to Aemilio. “And thank you, Miss Keoki?” he said packing away his violin again.
‘Wonder if the stairs where changed, hope they’re not as steep, that would be a pain.’ he thought glaring at his cases.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:28 am

Dominique looked a little envious at Lugh as he ended the tune, not being capable of making music herself though adicted to listening to a good tune or song she had really liked the musical introduction. At the suggestion of going inside she nodded, very much liking the thought of almost being capable of dumping her luggage in her future room.

"How long have you been playing the violin?" she asked Lugh as they started walking towards the door, "it sounded professional."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:35 am

As they came closer to the porch the front door opened already and a slightly-too-tanned petit woman walked out. "Hello there," she greeted them along with a cheerful smile and a wave, "welcome to Meinior Mansion all of you. And o my," she continued energetically, looking at the group in front of her, "did all of you arrive at the same time – what a coincidence! Come in, come in!" she rambled on as she gestured them to follow her.
"Now did you all find it ok? There now, just put down those heavy bags and suitcases in the hallway, jeez you must be tired – can I offer you anything? I can give you a tour of the house later if you’d like and of course because you're the first to arrive you'll have loads of rooms to pick from, you lucky lot you! O listen to me, just talking, talking, talking and I haven’t even introduced myself; I’m Ceceile Nellis but just call me Ceceile."
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:42 am

Keoki was actually taken aback by the woman's sudden appearance... and moreso the chattiness. But she followed her in, a bit reluctant to put down her camera bag with the rest of the luggage, but eventually leaving it behind. Keeping up with Cecile, she was just wondering when they'd get a room key and some rest.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 am

“Sixteen years now, my parents were very enthusiastic about the whole affair.” Lugh lied, picking up his cases and moving towards the Mansion. Reaching the house as they were greeted by Mrs Nellis instantly a thought popped into his head, ‘It’s a faster Mrs Grey!’
“Pleasure to meet you Mrs Nellis, Lugh O’Brien, at your service.” he said not sure how managed to get a word in edgeways. Dropping his cases “It’s changed quite a bit inside too.” he said to himself gazing about.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:52 am

Also a bit confused by Ceceile Nellis' over-spontaneous welcome, Axel and Aemilio cast each other a questioning look as if to say: 'are you sure it's a good idea to follow this crazy woman in?' But as the others started walking as well, they followed.

"Hello Lugh, or should I say mr O'Brien?" mrs Nellis immediatly replied with the same overly cheery speed, "it's a pleasure to meet you, to meet you all. Tell me, what are you're names? And come on," she said with a big smile and an encouraging wink even before everyone was good and well inside, "I already told you, just put your stuff down here, it's alright. Exactly, just put them somewhere, you can take them upstairs later - now can I offer you anything?"

'More than half a second to speak?' Valdez growled inside his head, fighting an extremely annoyed arrogant glare at her.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:55 am

Dominique raised a brow when Lugh said that he's been playing for 16 years now.
That's about the same time I've been dancing, maybe he knows some tunes that I can dance to...
When they reached the door she was quite taken aback by the waterfall of words coming from their hostess, not capable of getting a single word in. So she just put her luggage with the by that of the others and introduced herself: "Nice meeting you Cecile, thank you for having us here, I'm Dominique."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:58 am

After hearing something about introducing themselves, she turned back to Cecile, "Keoki Ingram. Nice to meet you." She gave a slight smile to be friendly before taking to examining the mansion.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:09 am

“Lugh will do fine, he replied to Mrs Nellis, as for needing anything I can’t think of anything off hand” His stomach on the verge of disagreeing again. “Although somewhere to sit and chat would be a grand thing” he said looking towards the others. "That said I do have rather a lot to unpack, so if it's possible the key's to our rooms wouldn't go amiss."

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:15 am

"I'm Aemilio Valdez," Aemilio said in a clear, slightly raised voice. Some people would assume that was because he was standing in the back of the group in the fairly narrow hallway, but Axel - who knew him better than that - knew it was mainly so everyone would hear and remember his name. "And I hav to say, you have a lovely house."

"O thank you dear," mrs Nellis said with a flattered giggle, "yes well we only bought the house 2 years ago but we have changed a few things here and there." Next came a far from interesting 5 minute speech about the antique wardrobe standing in the hallway and how it'd been in her family for many generations.
"Lugh's comment and question stopped her from blabbing on even more, thank God; "o yes of course, o silly me, I'm just one big mouth today aren't I? Why don't you all come in the dining room and I'll get you all a drink from the kitchen and then I'll get you your keys," she said as she led the way to the dining room. "Just grab a chair," she added gesturing to the long dinner table, "I'll be right back."

Axel watched her leave feeling a little forgotten; hadn't she even noticed he hadn't introduced himself yet?
"It's ok," Aemilio whispered in his ear as he walked behind him, "you're used to people ignoring you anyway right?"
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next