Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all] - Page 2 Empty Re: The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 am

While Cecile told them all sorts of details about the wardrobe in the hallway Dominique looked a little at the others, trying to figure out if she was the only one who didn't really cared about such specifics, although she did a good job at hiding it.
Once the speech was over and Cecile leaded the way to the dining room Dominique couldn't help but notice that the blond boy, Axel if she wasn't mistaken, hadn't introduced himself yet. Was it because he was shy or just because he hadn't gotten the change to say something.
"Oh Mrs. Nelli- I mean Cecile, you forgot one of us," she said, hoping Cecile would hear her, making a small gesture towards Axel taking a seat at the table aftewards.

((last post from me for now, Mr Sandman is waiting impatiently for me to go to bed))
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all] - Page 2 Empty Re: The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

Post  Little Blue Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:30 am

Keo was glad Lugh actually had the attention span to speak up. It seemed amazing that he kept up with this woman. She took to following off to the dining room, not realizing someone had been skipped until Dominique had pointed it out. She actually felt bad afterwards, checking back to see who it was, and spotting the boy from earlier, still hanging around with Aemilio. They must have had some kind of connection, but it was a shame Axel was too quiet for his own good.

((Good night~ :3))

Last edited by LittleBlue on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Little Blue
Little Blue

http://littlebluesblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 am

At Dominique's comment mrs Nellis spun around with big eyes, as if she'd done something horrible.
"O no," she said, her expression turning apologetic as her eyes found the young man who she hadn't given the chance to introduve himself yet, "O I'm so sorry, I feel awful."

"It's alright mrs N- Ceceile," Axel said after giving Dominique a thankful smile, "I'm Axel Jenhson."

"O but I still feel bad about forgetting you," mrs Nellis insisted, "there must be something I can do to make it up?"

At that Aemilio pulled a face; not only had that Dominique girl ruined the entertainment he was getting out of Axel's sad face, but now his stupid stepbrother was also getting extra attention and special treatement just because he was too big of a loser to speak up...! He was seriously having trouble maintaining a pleasent attitude - but finally he managed to hide how he felt and took on an acceptable epxpression.

"Well, I would like a cool drink," Axel said when mrs Nellis kept looking at him as if she'd just accidentally run over and killed his puppy, "I think we all do." Then he remembered what Lugh said and added: "and I'm a bit hungry too... I think we all are, right?" he asked as he looked around the group.

"Of course, of course," mrs Nellis said with a pleased smile, "I've actually got something in the kitchen for you then: a welcoming pie. Would you all like a slice?"
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:59 am

Lugh's stomach agreed with the thought of pie, "I give, I give. A cool drink and pie sounds wonderful." he muttered walking towards the dining room and kitchen, or at least as far as he remembered. "Would you like a hand serving" he asked nearing the dining room door.

((sorry guys going to knock off too now))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:30 am

"Okay then," mrs Nellis said. She smiled and nodded when Lugh offered to help out; "o yes please, that would be grand, thank you Lugh."
She walked into the kitchen, holding the door open for Lugh to follow. "The fridge is over there," she said pointing, "if you could get all the bottles and put them on the table - well not the wine obviously, I think it's a bit early for that, haha! Now if you can do that I'll get the glasses, there's 5 of you right? So with me that's 6," she thought out loud as she started getting glasses out of the cupboard. Next she went on to another cupboard to take out 5 small desert plates and 5 small forks (and by some miracle she didn't mention this or say anything during this time).

Meanwhile in the dining room Axel had helped himself to a chair; normally he would've offered to help out as well but he was slightly afraid he'd be guilt-tripping mrs Nellis even more then. So instead he sat there studying the room as well as the people in it with an interested smile.
Aemilio sat down as well but left a chair between himself and his stepbrother and paid nearly no attention to the house and all the more to the other people. His expression had less of an interested and more of a critisising nature.
"So, Keoki was your name?" he finally said in a friendly voice to the girl how'd introduced himself like that, "pretty name. May I ask how old you are?"
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 am

Cecile was as talkative as ever, but a snack would be nice, especially after the walk it took to get there. Following the others to the dining area, Keo pulled off her cap before taking a seat, laying it in her lap for the meantime. She looked over when Aemelio addressed her. He was the guy who's been with the quiet kid the whole time. Was he the boss figure or something?
But she gave a slight smile to be polite, "Thank you. I'm nineteen. What about you and your quiet friend?" Why not test the relationship with a bit of inclusion?
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 am

'Never too early for a glass of wine' Lugh thought while retrieving the bottles from the fridge. Searching for a tray to balance them on, "I'll be back in a minute to help with the rest." he said placing the bottles and glasses on the tray and walking towards the door.
"All right folk’s he." said arriving at the table, handing out the glasses and opening the bottles before returning the kitchen "Back shortly."

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 am

Aemilio smiled at Keoki's anwser but he seemed less pleased when Axel was pulled into the conversation.
"I'm 21," he said in an evenly friendly tone of voice, "and my stepbrother over there is 20."
Axel just smiled and nodded to confirm this fact - he might've done more if not for Lugh returning to the room.

Then, just as Lugh turned back to the kitchen mrs Nellis turned up again, balancing 5 plates with 5 small forks towards the table. "Here the next load comes," she announced happily, "just grab a glass and poor yourself something to drink... O and get yourself a plate and a fork, I'll be back with the pie in a moment!"
As she put the whole load close to Axel he took a plate and a fork and passed the rest on to the others. Aemilio took one glass,plate,fork-combination and passed it on to Keoki, still smiling warmly at her and trying to get a moment of eye-contact as he did so. Upon seeing that Axel shook his head, then continued to fill his glass up with Spa Blue.

When all the plates, forks and glasses had been put into place Ceceile returned with a colorful whip-cream pie that she put on the middle of the table. "Now who wants the first slice? And why don't you all tell me something about you?"
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:35 am

Keoki nodded back, but before the conversation could go on, she heard clanging plates and the chatty Mrs. Nellis. As the plates came around, she noticed Aemilio and smiled back, looking back at it and taking the plate, but glancing away after a second. She turned away a bit awkwardly, mostly hoping she didn't end up blushing or something silly like that, she passed the plate over to Dominique. She took a small sip from her glass before deciding to shift the conversation for a moment, she looked over to Lugh and Dominique. "So, how old are the two of you then? If you don't mind being asked, anyway."
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:40 am

Having been caught up with looking over the dining room Dominique merely listen to what was being said, not really feeling the urge to say something herself. Once the glasses, plates and forks where past through though she brought her focus back to the others. Taking a glass, plate and fork for herself as well for Lugh, as he was still half on his way to the kitchen, placing it by the chair closest to which he was standing. She poured herself some orange juice and took a sip before answering Keoki's question: "I'm 21"
She was about to say more but then the pie was put on the table and she got a little distracted by all the colours.
"That looks delicious," she complemented Ceceile, "did you bake it yourself?"
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 am

“And I’m twenty three.” He said to Keoki, finally taking a seat “Now, now Aemilio, you’ll make everyone jealous if you only look at Miss Keoki that way. Dominique is a fair rose herself. The again when you’re as handsome as yourself I suppose it comes naturally.” Lugh wasn’t quite sure if he was challenging Aemillio or flirting, but all such thoughts were removed by the sudden presence of food. “That looks marvellous.” He said, pupils dilating, “Who wants to go first?” he asked in response to Ceceile’s second question.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:13 am

"Why, yes indeed dear," mrs Nellis replied to Dominique with another flattered giggle, "baked it all right here in this little kitchen - I'm just hoping it tastes as good as it looks." She started cutting of slices and gently placing them on the handmade, and nicely decorated desert plates and dealed them out.
She didn't take a piece of pie herself though, just a glass of cool mineral water.
"Well, bonne apetite!"

Meanwhile Aemilio was paying more attention to Lugh than to the cake; at first he thought Lugh was making fun of him (or possibly challenging him) about his flirting behaviour towards Keoki but after his following comment Aemilio found himself raising an awkward eyebrow at the young man.
A moment of silence later he overcame his awkwardness though and he calmly -and with a slight cheeky grin- replied: "I'm not entirely sure what you mean; I was merely being polite by handing miss Keoki a plate, a fork and a glass. But euhm... thank you for complimenting my appearance... I guess," he added, his tone of voice purposely betraying he didn't care much for that 'compliment' at all.

Axel couldn't resist a small chuckle - even though he tried so hard to keep it down - but when he noticed his stepbrother's gaze coming towards him he quickly tried to put the spotlight somewhere else: "waow Lugh, you really hav a way with words don't you?"
"Indeed," mrs Nellis agreed, taking a seat as well, "why don't you start by introducing yourself to all of us? Tell us something about you? I simply love to get to know people, specially if they're going to be living here with me for an entire year! Now come on, take a big chunk of pie and let's all tell something about ourselves!" she said, clapping her hands like a cheerful 5year-old.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:22 am

Keoki couldn't help but grin when she heard Lugh's comment, and Aelimio didn't seem to have an immediate reply. She took one of the slices and took a bite to test it, nodding to herself and looking over to Mrs. Nellis, "This is really good. Ah, I guess, as far as introductions go. Well, I'm a film student. I lived as a hotel-hopper, never stayed in one area for too long or it'd get boring."
And that line was also a nice way of calling herself homeless. Not that it was her fault Anna always taught her to keep moving around. "I'm from the US, seen most of the east coast states. Uhm... other than that, you'll probably just find me filming or running, another hobby. You guys?" She looked around, not really sure if she'd said too much there. If she did... well, oh well. She just wanted someone else to talk now.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:26 am

“What can I say I’m a charming piece of work?” He chuckled “Well let’s me see then My Family is from Dublin in Ireland, I’ve taken part in a few exchange student programs in order to see the world. This is actually my second time here in Penrose. I’m fascinated by myth and legend, and am doing a doctorate in the subject here at the university for the next few years.” He replied
“And I’m sorry, Aemilio I can read intention like no one else.” ‘Well maybe my sisters’ he thought “But don’t take anything I say in offence, I’d much rather get along with you all” he added, though mostly staring across the table at Aemilio. “That satisfied your burning curiosities?” he asked returning his view to the group, before turning to his slice of pie, almost shovelling it in.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 am

Dominique's cheeks turned pinkish when Lugh complimented her out of the blue on her appearance, not used to it. Well not without her wearing her belly dancing outfit, but even then it where mostly slightly perverted compliments.
After Keoki and Lugh having introduced themselves she felt like it was her turn so she took a sip from her glass and started: "I'm from London, born and raised, though I am half Egyptian. Already have a degree in goldsmithing and am now going for a degree in design to help with making my jewellery more unique. And I'm quite good at belly dancing." She thought for a few seconds before shrugging: "That's pretty much it" and taking her first bite of her slice of the colourexplosion pie.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:52 am

Aemilio listened to Keoki with interest and was just about to comment on her story when Lugh started his anwser to mrs Nellis' request for an introduction.
"You can read people's intentions?" he asked Lugh, raising an eyebrow once more, grinning challengingly at him before he continued: "I'd better watch my steps then. I'm not as nice and innocent as I might appear after all." Though he made it sound like a joke, there was a sharp twinkle in his eye for just a split second (just when he looked Lugh straight in the eye) that gave away it wasn't far from the truth. At Lugh's comment about getting along he simply stared over the table, a small smirk on his face and a similar twinkle in his eyes as before.
Luckily Dominique's turn to introduce herself came next, causing the distraction of Aemilio from Lugh's pressence.

After that Axel finally spoke up, though not to speak about himself but to reply to Dominique; "you're from London too? So am I! What part-"
Then he remembered he was suppose to introduce himself instead of ask others questions so with a small blush he shyly told the table: "euhr, so yes, I'm Axel, I'm from London as well. I'm 20 years old and I'm starting my 3rd year of Medicine here. I like reading and writing stories... euhm... that's about it I guess - I'm a little bit boring I suppose."

'No kidding,' Aemilio replied mentally before he put on his very convincing nice-guy act and lied to Axel: "don't be stupid Axel, you're not boring, don't say that!"

"Exactly," mea Nellis agreed, casting Aemilio a warm smile, "listen to your friend."

"I'm his stepbrother actually," Aemilio corrected her, still smiling kindly. The he looked at everyone at the table and told them: "so I'm Aemilio, 21 years old. I'm studying hard to becoming a lawyer and euhm... well, the rest you'll find out about soon I'm sure. At least, I hope so; it's nice to meet you all and I hope to get to know each and everyone of you better." Again his gaze paused at Keoki for a moment.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:00 am

Lugh seemed to be stirring something up here. Of course, it could be interesting. And since he'd been here before, he must know the grounds better... well, she knew who to go to when she needed a good filming spot.

Next, Keoki was impressed to hear Dominique's skills in goldsmithing and dancing, and here she was learning even more. It was an impressive effort to say the least.

Then it came to the two boys. Stepbrother explained why those two seemed to hang out the whole time. But it was a little disappointing that Axel hardly said anything. Aemilio was happy to speak up, and studying as a laywer was something impressive, but she tried talking to the quiet boy this time. That and she wasn't really comfortable with blushing around a bunch of strangers, because one said stranger is being flirtatious.
"I'm sure there's more to you than that. Like, other kinda hobbies do you have, or what kinda stories do you write, Axel?" Keo asked in a friendly manner, since he didn't seem that confident with saying much else.

Last edited by LittleBlue on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:18 am

“Well evil and conniving I’m not so good with. More the romantic and physical being what I pick up on.” He said finishing his pie in a final large bite “I’m a lover not a fighter, and if you’re saying that you’ve got a dark side, well that could be attractive to some. What do you think girls? Is he everything you ever wanted, or am I the only one seeing this?” Lugh couldn’t help at this point he wanted to either make Aemilio blush or very awkward.
“Eh boring is a point of view, or a way of making small hole in hard substances.” He said to Axel, “We’ve just got to find you a hook, and you’ll be the most popular person in the whole of Burglinde. I mean after your fine specimen of a brother.” He said winking at Aemillo “And a dancer,” he said turning to Dominique, “We’ll have to get you to perform at some point, I can accompany on my fiddle if you have any sheet music.” He said genuinely excited about having someone to perform with for once.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 am

Now Aemilio found himself in te rare situation where he didn't have his anwser ready immediatly. Refusing to let his slight awkwardness show he used the time a zip from his drink bought him to put on a cool mask. He was pretty sure Lugh was simply trying to embaress him, partially because he couldn't maintain his cool expression if he seriously considered the possibility that Lugh would fancy him, so he decided to play along; "now you're confusing me," he said wit a cheeky grin, "are you trying to auction me off to one of these lovely ladies or are just flirting with me?" (I should point out he would've thought twice about this comment if he'd known Lugh a little better)

Axel had been pretty content (and rather amused) looking at the back and forth between Lugh and is stepbrother, and like Aemilio didn't immediatly have an anwser ready either. "Well uhr, reading is a hobby of mine. And uhm, I usually write fantasy stories - short funny stories, nothing epic and serious Lord of the Ring likes... and i like being outdoors..." Lugh's comment made him laugh (mainly the brother-bit seeing as Aemilio didn't let a day go by without letting him know how much he didn't deserve to be part of his family). "Well, I do like being around people but I don't have to be that popular."

Lugh's comment and wink didn't fall that well with Aemilio and he was pleased the subject passed on without him having to say anything about it. The idea of Dominique belly-dancing did bring a small grin to his face again though: "that's a show I'd pay money to see," he said to himself - others may have heard though.

And all this time mrs Nellis sat there quietly (yes, quietly!) with her drink, listening to the group babbling on.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:10 am

Dominique had just taken a bite of pie when Lugh made the comment of Aemilio being everything they ever wanted in a guy, which bought her some time to formulate a good answer to that and to give him a once over.
"Sorry," she said to Aemilio, not sure if she was unconsicously mocking him now that she actually answered Lugh's question or not, once she had swallowed the bite, "I don't really think your my type."
After that she nodded in agreeance with Keoki and Lugh on their point of view that Axel couldn't be boring, nobody could really be boring (without the right tools). She smiled when he told some more about himself, hoping that he would loosen up a little soon.
She chuckled when Lugh said that she had to preform for them at some point, she did like the idea of having someone accompaning her during the preformance.
"Sure, I'll see if I can find some sheet music."
From the corner of her eye she caught the grin of Aemilio as well as his comment about paying and couldn't resist replying with teasing smile: "Well maybe you will have to."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:40 am

Aemilio couldn't resist but glare at Dominique for a moment, definetly interpreting her anwsering the question the way she did as an aimed insult - not that it really mattered to him wether he was Dominique's type (mainly because he was still confident he could get her to fall for him if he put some effort into it) but he saw no other reason for her to give a serious reply to Lugh's teasing question than an attempt to make fun of him. Either that or she didn't realise it would've been nicer not to reply or to play along with the joke and agree with Lugh... which would earn her a place on his long mental list of people he considered unintellectual.
So when Dominique teased he might have to pay for the show he simple rolled his eyes.

Mrs Nellis seemed enthusiastic about the idea of a show; "it would be fun to have a performance like that wouldn't it? I already planned to throw a big welcoming party as soon as everyone's arrived - so that should be just before school starts... maybe we can have performances then as well?"
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Keoki didn't feel like answering Lugh's question, just shaking her head slightly and avoiding the others for a moment. Dominique had already been honest, need to put up anymore negativity. She instead took to digging into her food as Mrs. Nellis turned the conversation over to a performance, or even a party. Now that would be fun.

"I could set up a camera, easily, or more if anyone else has one, but I only brought one. And we can ask some of the other students, when they show up, if they can play anything," As a bonus, footage like that could be nice for a project or something. But she didn't have any kind of musical skill. Acrobatics (well, freerunning) and cameras worked just fine, but instruments and dancing were hopeless endeavors for her.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:03 pm

“I’m quite obviously flirting.” Lugh said blank faced “Would you like me to be more evident? As to whether I have any intention to follow though, that’s a different story.” He said a small smirk appearing on his face. “Good then, I could do with adding a few foreign pieces to my repertoire. Sounds like we’ve got a show then?” He turned to Mrs Nellis grinning “And I never could resist a shindig.”

((sorry brain is kind of dead atm))

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Dominique nodded at the suggestion of also doing preformances during the 'Welcome Party' Mrs. Nellis was talking about.
"Sure I'll also preform on the welcoming party," looking at Lugh with a grin she added, "but you are going to have to preform as well and not just while I'm dancing."
When Keoki said that she could film during the party and asked if anyone else had a camera she nodded again: "I've also brought a camera, it isn't anything special though, but you can borrow it for the party if you want."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Aemilio didn't reply to Lugh but instead let the attention and conversation slide over to the performance idea - which was quite easy as everyone was so enthusiastic about it. Mrs Nellis certainly...!
"My, that all sounds great!" she cheered, "so you," she looked at Keoki, "can film the whole situation... you," she gestured towards Dominique, "can belly dance and Lugh will provide the music. I'll make sure there's a stage and equipment for lighting and music. And," she added with a cheeky blush, "I'd like to perform too if you don't mind? In fact," she added as energeticly as her finger flew up in the air, making her look much like a cartoon character having an idea (all that missed was the light bulb floating above her head), "in fact, wouldn't it be fun if everyone did a performance? It'll be fun to watch and everyone gets a chance to show off their special talents!"

"Sounds like fun," Aemilio agreed (gladly joining the conversation now that he was sure it wasn't about Lugh's flirting or rating his attractiveness anymore), "if I can get my hands on a portable piano, maybe I can play along to the belly dancing act as well?" he asked Dominique and Lugh.

Axel smiled at the idea of a performance at the welcoming party but fell silent when it came to the point where everyone would have to peform; "uhr," he started in a small voice, feeling like he was ruining the good mood by asking the next, "if someone doesn't want to perform... they won't have to will they?"
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next