Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all] - Page 3 Empty Re: The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

Post  Little Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Hearing Dominique's offer to lend her camera as well, Keo nodded, "Yeah, that'd be great. I can get you a copy of the footage from it too, if you want. Or for anyone, really, if they want a copy." Then Mrs. Nellis stepped in to make the event even bigger, which, wasn't much of a surprise at this point.

"That could work, yeah. Kinda show off a new side to everyone, perhaps," not that she was quite sure about how to go about a talent. And Axel either didn't know as well, or just didn't want to show off. "I don't see a point in forcing anyone... But you don't have to exclude yourself. You write, and stories can be pretty interesting, even if it doesn't work for a show alone. Hell, I have to work with them anyway. You never have much of a film without a script." Even if stories wouldn't be much to show off, it'd be nice to at least compliment the skill.
Little Blue
Little Blue

http://littlebluesblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all] - Page 3 Empty Re: The first guests arrive (07-10-2011) [open for all]

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:15 pm

"Yeah, you can tell us a story. Back home there are storytellers whenever there's a dance on. Music, dance, literature, it's all about narrative in one form or another." Lugh said genuinely interested in what Axel had wrote. "Hell, mythology is basically just a group of stories with wildly exaggerated characters, so don't be putting yourself down. Although I can understand if you'd rather not perform."
He said noting the elder brother "Well I don't have a problem with it, Dominique?" he said wondering which piece to perform when he was solo.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 pm

A part of Dominique wanted to say that story writing and telling was just as much an art as well as a talent as any, but she didn't wanted to put Axel more on the spot. If he didn't want to preform he shouldn't have to feel bad about saying that, despite their opinions. So she just kept quiet about that topic and continued with Aemilio and now Lugh's question.
"I'm perfectly fine with that," she answered, "but if I can actually get my hands on some good sheet music we'll have to rehearse together just to make sure that it'll work out."
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Axel smiled uncomfertably at everyone's comments about his stories. Admittedly he hadn't considered telling one of his works as a talent to peform at the show but that was not the reason he didn't want to participate; he just didn't like standing on a stage with all eyes on him.
"Well, I'll consider it," he finally said, two seconds later mentally slapping himself for giving in to everyone (like he always did) despite his struggles with stagefright.

"Great!" mrs Nellis concluded loudly, "I can't wait to hear one of your stories - I'm sure they're great." After she said that Axel really didn't dare to change his mind about the show any more and he fell silent for a moment, his mind racing through all the stories he'd written recently, wondering which was the least bad.

"Great," Aemilio said to Dominique and Lugh, happy to be accepted intp the team (but clearly already expecting it, by the confident grin on his face). He then made an uninterested hand wave at Dominique's comment about sheet music, as if to say: 'sure whatever.' What he convienently left out was that he had stopped practising on the piano 2 months ago and that he could really use the rehearsals - probably more than Lugh.
"Sure, just give me some time to get myself a keyboard or something, so that I actually have something to rehearse on," he said as he swallowed the last bit of pie and turned to mrs Nellis.
"Now if you'll all excuse me, I'd love to get to know all of you even better but actually I'd like to pick a room and go unpack now that I still have the energy for it."

"O yes," mrs Nellis said with a nod, "jus go up the stairs and pick a room. All doors are open so you can just walk in and start unpacking, I'll bring the keys up soon as I put this mess in the kitchen."
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:04 pm

It seemed like everything was set now. A band to start things off, and a story presentation, though Axel looked less than excited about that. She waved as Aemilio headed off to pick a room, but stayed behind for a moment. Then she plopped her hat back on and sat up, looking over to Axel, "Hey, I'm sure you'll do fine. And I bet Lugh and Dominique'll be there to help you out too," she looked back to them with a grin before turning to thank Mrs. Nellis, quickly before she started talking too much, waved to the others, and left to retrieve her bags and pick a room... something on the top floor sounded nice.
Little Blue
Little Blue

http://littlebluesblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:33 pm

"Well then that's settled, shall I give you a hand returning the dishes to the kitchen?" Lugh asked Collecting the plates and glasses together onto the tray. Turning to Axel as he stood up, getting a sense of unease from the young man "And don't worry Axel, the key to a good performance is to be selfish and think only of the enjoyment you'll get from it. It's how I got past stage fright. Seriously I ignore you all when I play; It's just me and the music. Rude maybe, but it works." he chuckled "And If we don't enjoy it, well we're obviously unintelligent vagabonds with no appreciation for the fine arts.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Now that the others, expect Axel, all had made it clear that they where going to pick a room Dominique helped Lugh a little by putting the caps back on the bottles and putting them on the tray as well. Before looking at Axel with a kind smile.
"Would you like to join me in picking a room for the upcoming year?"
A little company was always nice and who knows maybe he'd be more talkactive if there weren't so many people around. Already having stood up from her chair she waited for Axel's answer before she would go room hunting.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Mrs Nellis smiled happily at Lugh, thinking it was nice to have such an energetic, helpful young man around the house; o yes, he'd definetly made a good first impression.

Axel also liked Lugh. It was actually pretty funny, the Irish guy seemed ready to encourage him for whatever came up really.
When Dominique asked him if he wanted to go room-hunting together with her he blushed a little again (it felt like that was all he was doing today!) and replied: "yes sure, sounds like fun," with a smile. Then he added with a small chuckle: "I'd probably get lost if I go alone anyway."

So everyone went looking for their room. Mrs Nellis would soon follow them up the stairs to see who'd picked which room so that she could give them the matching key. She gave them a spare key as well and insured them she had none, so that being able to get in their rooms and locking them when leaving was their own responsibility. As a last comment (yeah, the woman can talk faster than her shadow) she announced that dinner would be ready between 19:00 and 19:15 and that it was customary for everyone to be there at dinner and otherwise let her know in time. "But o well, just read the house rules - every room has a copy of them, and if you have any questions, don't hessitate to ask. And once again, welcome to Meinior Mansion."

~END OF TOPIC~
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3