Meinior Mansion II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The welcoming Party (08- 28 - 2011) - [everyone]

+3
TobiasBlack
Little Blue
SaisCy
7 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The welcoming Party (08- 28 - 2011) - [everyone] - Page 5 Empty Re: The welcoming Party (08- 28 - 2011) - [everyone]

Post  SaisCy Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:09 pm

“Ah,” mrs Nellis said blank and tonelessly after Lugh’d told her what happened, clearly unable to come up with a more appropriate way to react – especially with how calm he was about it all. She nodded quietly to the things Lugh named he needed and disappeared again, appearing near eager to get away from all this craziness and back into her normal, familiar kitchen where everything still made sense.

Aemilio, unpleasantly surprised as he found Lugh stuffing his mouth with some or other unknown substance. “It tastes like me ripping your face off if you touch me again,” he growled darkly, spitting the pod out in his hand to see what it was. “What is all this voodoo about anyway?” he asked when he didn’t recognize the small, slightly slimy object in the palm of his hand. That was when the other thing Lugh said finally reached his brain and he pulled a face; “excuse me, what?” he asked, pushing himself deeper into the pillows of the couch at the idea of his blood being taken away from him. Then he realized Lugh only asked for a drop – an amount he would survive even with his dislike for blood (at least, his own blood, outside his body) but he still didn’t like the idea of Lugh wanting his body fluid for no obvious reason.

“You’re a real hero aren’t you?” Axel asked Aemilio in a groan, pondering how he could get to strong painkillers as soon as possible. Jack offering to take him to the hospital earned him a thankful smile and he gladly accepted; “that would be great, thank you. But… I’m not certain of course… maybe it’s safer to stay indoors until sunrise? If you could take me tomorrow that’d be wonderful though, thanks, I owe you one.”
When Dominique finished his bandages he smiled equally grateful: “thank you,” he said, checking the bandages for a moment. From what he could tell she’d done it very well, almost too good for an armature, a point that caused him to think out loud: “Aren’t I suppose to be the medical expert here? How is it everyone here knows so much about treating bruises and wounds and…” he looked at Aemilio and Lugh uncertainly before he decided to name it: “miscellaneous…?”
That reminded him of something else: “also… I’m not sure my brain can handle more mind-blowing information but I’ll risk it… is there anyone here willing to explain how they fought of those undead things the way he or she did?”

At that point mrs Nellis returned to the room with the matches, salt and the spare teapot full of boiling water. When she heard Axel’s question she frowned confused but also listened curiously to whatever was going to come as she put the items Lugh’d asked about on the table.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

https://mmii.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

The welcoming Party (08- 28 - 2011) - [everyone] - Page 5 Empty Re: The welcoming Party (08- 28 - 2011) - [everyone]

Post  Vampire Miyu Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Looking a little surprised at Lugh as he handed her a small vile with a blue liquid inside it Dominique took it from him with a small 'Thank you' and put it down next to her, first finishing the bandage on Axel. She had already forgotten that she had gotten a scratch, mainly because it was quite numb after the zimbo had grabbed her arm. Looking at the medical alcohol she decided to first put some of the blue liquid on the scratch before handing it to who wanted it after her. After that she cleaned the rest of her arms with the medical alcohol Azar had brought with her. Nodding a little at Keoki's suggestion of teaching her how to fight.
"I do know how to fight... humans... somewhat," she whispered back hoping that no one else could hear them, well expect for Axel perhaps, shaking her head a little fear coming back into her eyes, "but that... weren't..."
Azar in the meantime simply looked at everyone, not having gotten any cuts she didn't feel the need to use Lugh's crystal blue liquid. She did listened more closely to his conversation with Keoki about Aemilio's possesion once the word 'demon' had been said, even if only in dismissing manners. She hadn't known demons could posses someone and was curious if they would say anything more about there abilities.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Lugh sighed as Aemilio resisted, “Look you can let me diagnose and treat your possession or you can wake up in the morning with anything ranging from a headache to no skin, your choice.” He said bluntly to Aemilio, though he was exaggerating about waking up with no skin. “So what will it be, are you chewing on that or not?” he said before he started mixing a measure of the salt with two other powders and a drop of another liquid, forming a paste in his hand.

“I’ve travelled the world on my own, a bit of first aid kind of helps survival.” He said before searching through the box again “Fuíl, clots severe wounds and acts as an anti bacterial.” He said holding up a bundle of twigs with red buds on them, “Foíls oil, magic retardant anti septic,” he pointed to the small vile he had handed out “Máthéran paste, an anaesthetic salve for pain.” He referenced the salve he had handed over earlier “Silver Nitrate, Magnesia Sulphide, Iron Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Nickel Oxide and Copper Hydroxide.” He lifted a smaller box “General Herbs and spices.” Removing a large leather bag, “Splints and bandages and the Piècses de résistance; Pandora’s grace and Andromeda’s venom.” He said holding up the final two vials.
”I’m well versed in the effects magic, and capabilities of numerous mythological creatures and how to counteract them though my capabilities are far from adequate. A medical expert I am not, no need to be, I’ve got a remarkable rate of repair.” He explained, true enough Lugh being all but immortal healed wounds, in days, broken bones in weeks and had not a single scar on him for all the damage he had taken over the years.

“As for how I fought?” Lugh paused thinking about it for a moment and figured that considering Burglinde he would have to explain at a later date anyway and so decided to tell the truth, “Magic, specifically magic that uses my soul, It draws it out and lets me shape it to my will, such as the glowing orbs or the sword. My soul is corrosive to anyone that isn’t me or at the very least attuned to me. Obviously it has the downside of reducing my lifespan, once it passes a certain point I am consumed by intense waves pain and hunger. To be quite specific I have a ‘genetic condition’ I suppose you’d call it where my soul degrades faster than normal, not enough to kill me but enough to cause the pain naturally if I don’t consume a supplement.” He said waving the flask, “The magic I use aggravates the condition, to the point where it can kill me.” It was a lot to take in all at once, and he hoped that no one would ask if he was actually human after all of it.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:23 pm

"Thanks Nique" Tobias said with a friendly smile upon being handed the vial of blue liquid, applying some of it to his cuts after a few seconds of inspecting it. Soon feeling the sting of the liquid on his cuts, Tobias closed his eyes, breathing deeply as if to expel the sting before continuing to apply it. Upon finishing, Tobias placed the lid back on the vial before handing it off to the next person. Rolling down his sleeves, Tobias soon found his attention shifting to Aemilio and Lugh, Aemilio's complaints about Lugh's methods causing him to chuckle. "I'd listen to the man Aemilio, lord knows I imagine waking up without skin would be a bit of a downer" he said as he shot him a look that suggested he'd probably do well to listen to Lugh's advice.

His eyes soon shifting to Aemilio, Tobias listened with intent as he heard Lugh go over the items he carried with him, his eyes occasionaly drifting around the room as he did so. When he got to the bit about his powers though, Tobias turned and began to listen with intent, quite curious as to how he was able to use the magic he had used in the battle, his explination coming as a bit of a shock, at least to someone who, apart from himself, had never really had that much experience with the supernatural, bar one supposed yeti sighting. As Lugh came to a stop, Tobias scratched the back of his head, looking around to everyone else to see if they were willing to share their combat secrets.

After a few seconds, and deciding it was probably best to just get it out in the open, Tobias let out a sigh before speaking up himself, realising that his power was quite a hard one to bluff about. " The power you saw me using out there is called Audiokinesis...." he said as he looked around at the others. "Long story short, it's the ability to manipulate and control sound waves. It has a number of practical uses actually, including the one that most of you saw out there" he said as he motioned out the window before returning his gaze to the rest of the people in the room, waiting to see if anyone else spoke up about any powers they may posses
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sairis Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:47 am

"Hahah, yeah no skin there sounds lovely." He said sarcastically as he received the vial from Tobias. "Thanks Tobes~" Creed studied blue liquid a short moment before putting it on his cuts, he waited to see if anyone else needed it but it looked like everyone was done. So just held onto it as he listened to Lugh talk about his medical knowledge and powers before giveing it back,he didn't want to interrupt him. He walked over and held it out to him. "Really interesting how your powers work,but doesn't sound good to use too much if it shortens your lifespan."

Creed shifted in his spot before looking over to Tobias as he spoke about his power raising both brows slightly for a second. "So that's what it was, very cool Tobes~" He looked around a little debating on weather or not to say, he put his hands in his pockets and strolled over to the window before speaking. "Wellll, I didn't use mine in the fighting since I didn't see a real need to,but I guess I'll say anyway. I can phase through any solid object and even phase another person with me, but I have to be in contact with them."

He decided to demonstrate it by walking through the wall and coming back out of the floor out in the open. "Buut getting stuck in things is not fun and hurts....a lot, only happens if I'm worn out from using the power to much." Creed walked over to Tobias while dusting his shoulders,he stopped by him and solidified. "oh by the way Keo and Tobes, I grabbed your ankles earlier this evening and you guys missed my act of being the zimbos cousin crawling out of the ground."

Last edited by Sairis on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Sairis
Sairis

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:19 am

"Oooh, interesting. A superhuman," she whispered, thinking aloud as ended up using one of Anna's terms after hearing Tobias's explanation. And even before that, Lugh seemed to know a damn lot, especially with magic. That was something she knew the least about, but it was still interesting. She had a big grin as Creed went next, "And so there's two..." She had no intention of revealing her full story, but with a shrug, she opted to go next, "I've fought a lot of things. A lot. Humans, mostly, but also some inhumans, some psychics..." she trailed off a little.

Going back onto the subject, "As for myself, I'm stronger than a normal human, easily, and I've got a high tolerance for pain. I really doubt I have Lugh's knowledge, but I do have first-hand experience, and a close friend with far more experience and knowledge than myself. I know how to hurt a lot of different things, I know you can kill something that doesn't even bleed, and I love a good fight. That's all that should matter."

As for her own humanity, no one needed to know that she was only human most days. Especially not Aemilio... Damn, she'd probably got ahead of herself, even, but it was such a fun subject for her. She actually turned away a little, not wanting to see if he gave her some weird look about talking about such strange things so casually. Lugh also worried her... he knew a lot, if he knew she was a werewolf, would he consider her a liability? Given the fact that she had basically no control over her 'other self', aside from preventing the transformations entirely, though rather painfully. If she did transform, there would always be a chance that she would attack someone from the mansion or town.
Little Blue
Little Blue

http://littlebluesblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:17 am

Axel listened to Lugh's explanation with a confused and overcome face. When he pointed out he wasn't a medical expert Axel let out in an awkward chuckle; "well, it's mainly your bedside manner that could use some pointers," as his eyes turned to Aemilio, who looked as if he was going to commit murder. Still, despite the enourmous irritation he now felt towards Lugh, he finally did put the pod back in his mouth and started chewing.

Then came all the stories about superhuman abilities, something mrs Nellis excused herself from halfway through, muttering something about having to lie down for a moment. Axel also felt his head spinning with everyone's contribution to the weirdness at hand but he didn't leave the room - partially because he could barely walk on his own. "That's uhr... quite a... bit to absorb all at once," he said with a weak smile, unable to think of something better to say.
After finding out Aemilio was a cyborg, he was a lot more openminded about matters he used to consider impossible but this - all in one night - was a little too much.

Speaking of Aemilio, he handled the situation a little differently than his stepbrother; he listened and took it all in like someone reading a book or watching a movie, as mindblowing information easily accepted because he didn't think of it as reality. Denial makes the world go round.
"Ok... so how is it exactly all of you can do stuff like that?" he asked with a raised brow and unnatural calm.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:57 am

Azar was a little dissapointed that the abilities of demons where nolonger part of the conversation, she did find it very interesting what powers the others had. She kept quiet about her own though, if anyone would ask she would tell but even then it would still be very limited.
Dominique on the other hand got pushed over the edge by this sudden overload of the supernatural. Putting her head in her hands she started shaking a little, going into a dazed state increasing her mentality that this was all not really happening. Leaving her uncapable of giving a real reaction to this new information because her brain wasn't very capable of processing it or remembering the most relevant things of what happened outside.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:54 pm

"I'm not a doctor, so my bedside manner will do. And no offence they creep me out cutting into people and what not." he replied to Axel "Well tell me how it tastes?" he asked Aemilio pricking his finger with a needle and letting a drop of blood fall into the paste he had made. "Hmm, no response. Alpha type possession?" Lugh muttered watching the paste turn colourless as the blood was added, "No residual presence, don't eat eggs for a few days and you should be fine." he said wiping the paste off his had with a cloth, and began making another small amount of it, all the while listening to the conversation, going on.

"I wouldn't say superhuman, rather the emergence in new subspecies of human." he said to Keoki, "Come on your turn." he said holding out a clean needle and the palm with the paste in it.

"Magic is a hereditary trait, the gene mutated into humans about 1.5 million years ago. Although rare especially compared to other humanoids. About one thousand humans capable of magic for every billion, statistics are skewed a bit by Asian populations namely China and India. Very low numbers there." Lugh explained, although he was explaining why some humans could use magic not himself.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:25 pm

"I think I prefer the term Superhuman, much better than the old mutant label at least" Tobias said as he looked to Keo with a chuckle, only realising after he had finished speaking that his powers had come into play once again, his smile disappearing for a second as a result. "Oh, sorry about that, force of habit." he said with a nervous chuckle and smile as he looked away from her and to Lugh as he spoke on about how magic was a hereditary trait, deciding to let the whole Subspecies of human thing pass for the time being.

As Lugh continued on though, Tobias soon found his attention shifting to Dominique, her current state causing him to raise an eyebrow in confusion as Lugh's continued his explination. As soon he saw her start to shake slightly though, he made his way over to her, kneeling down beside her and putting a hand on her shoulder as he did. "You ok Nique ?" he asked as he lookied to her with a somewhat concerned look on his face, unaware of the fact she was having a hard time processing her thoughts.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sairis Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:09 am

Creed scooted closer to the wall and crossed his arms as he leaned back against it. He remained quiet as he listened as Lugh talk a bit before he looked over to see tobias go check dominuqe.His gaze shifted to look over everyone and stopped on keoki for a moment. He noticed this and shook his head before looking down. Creed rubbed the back of his neck as he contemplated over a small thought. It took a moment to pick before as he pushed off the wall to stand stright. "Well, I'm off for the night." Creed walked over to Tobias and pat him on the shoulder he would have hugged him but he was a bit busy. He then made his way over to keo and hugged her a moment before stepping back. "You can give me the jacket later" he smiled a bit before turning and making his way out of the room. "I'll see all you guys around~"
Sairis
Sairis

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:41 am

"New subspecies? So, genetic changes, yeah, that falls under superhuman. And thank you, Tobias, most do prefer that terminology," she replied with a grin over to her friend. But it probably wasn't a good idea to piss off Lugh right before he had to take a little blood sample. Still, it had annoyed her when he corrected her like that. Anything with capabilities that were 'superior' to a normal human were superhuman. Subspecies always brought the word subordinate to her mind, which they hardly were.

When Creed said goodnight, and came over to hug her, she hugged him back just lightly, seeing as she still wasn't a fan of hugs, but it wasn't too bad. She felt a little better, at least. "Alright, see you later," she replied as he headed off. She'd almost forgotten about his jacket, despite still having it on.

Turning her attention back to Lugh and the needle, Keoki said nothing else about anyone's powers or what they counted as she moved her hand out. Hopefully what ever the hell that paste was only reacted to possessions or similar events, and not just any abnormalities in human blood, or she might have some problems. If anything did happen, perhaps he'd have the decency to stay quiet about it, but she watched carefully, just to make sure.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:47 am

Axel listened to Lugh with great interest, hoping that he'd be able to grasp this slightly overwhelming concept a little better with some explanation. What he heard did make sense to him - as far as it could, it still didn't clear up anything on his question how DNA mutations in a human could make them alter the laws of physics... but there was little point to denying it was possible when he'd witnessed it in person a mere couple of minutes ago.
Before he could ask any difficult questions though, he waved at Creed as he announced his leaving, then got distracted by Dominique's state.

Aemilio wasn't distracted by Dominique much - having the good fortune of not caring how she was and in too foul a mood to pretend otherwise - and too busy chewing to provide Creed with more than a short wave as a goodbye. What pulled his attention away from the story Lugh gave were his healing methods.
"How it tastes?" he repeated after Lugh in a confused and irritated tone, "I don't know, a little like... ginger tea?" he more asked than stated, unsure what to compare it's taste with. Then the eggs-thing... what the hell?! Lugh sure made it hard to stay in denial about magic and supernatural phenominoms being real...!
Either way, he hoped he could leave now - he didn't just want but he really needed to go to bed now - but even so he would wait to see if Keoki was fine.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire Miyu Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Dominique didn't react much other then shaking her head a little from side to side, not lifting it from her hands, at Tobias's question. Her mind too busy with trying to place what had just been told that any new information even just a simple question was something she couldn't process enough to response.
Luckily for her though Azar's attention had shifted from whatever it was that Lugh was doing to Dominique when Tobias had asked if she was okay. Looking her over her eyes narrowed a little, walking over and placing her fingers on her wrist to check her pulse, which was much faster then it should be. Nodding to herself she stated rather bluntly: "She's in shock. Acute stress reaction to be more exact. Isn't really anything that can be done about it other then try to calm down as time passes. Dominique, it's best if you go to your room and try to get some sleep, with a bit of luck it'll be over when you wake up in the morning."
Azar's voice had held nothing of real concern or caring, it was in fact rather clinically as if she had done this a million times before.
Though Dominique didn't processed most of what Azar was saying she did pick up the advice of trying to get some sleep. At that she nodded and stood up, still shaking and looking a little unstable and daze like. Without word Azar just put her arm around the dazed girl and walked with her towards the stairs.
Vampire Miyu
Vampire Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Lugh rolled his eyes as keoki equated subspecies to superhumans. Subspecies not necessarily having any extra abilities; and superhumans being able to gain their powers from other places than just genetics. Superhuman was too loose a term, and implied a degree of superiority to him, an ‘I’m better than you’ attitude. Whereas to him at least subspecies did not, coming from a race with numerous subspecies, each with their attributes yes, but their position in society defined by their own drive and skills rather than what they were born. ‘then again they did help drive the majority of their previous genetic relatives into extinction.” He thought referring to how the rise of Homo Saipan led to the demise of Erectus and Neanderthal, even if they weren’t the soul cause.

“Not exactly.” He muttered pricking her finger and repeating the process. He raised an eyebrow when the paste remained red, it should have turned colourless to show there was nothing present or changed to black if she was possessed, and fizzed if the possession was causing harm. “Hmm, weird. Did it get the measurements wrong?” he muttered, he quickly decided that he must have but as there wasn’t even a partial reaction he let it slide.
“Right you’re in the clear” he said before turning back to Aemilio, “It doesn’t taste like perfume? Fair enough, you’ve residual magic in your system, and judging by your disbelieve in the paranormal I’d say you can’t do magic. So that’s a bad thing.“ He said taking the boiled water and adding various herbs and a drop of liquid from one of the remaining vials, “This will clean it out of your system. It’s perfectly safe, if poor to the taste.” He said handing Aemilio a mug.

He then began cleaning his supplies away, “If you’re feeling really bad I’ll escort you.” Lugh called after Dominique the last thing he wanted was for her to faint and crack her skull, the night had been hectic enough as it was.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  TobiasBlack Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Turning to Creed, Tobias watched him exit the room, waving goodbye to him as he did so. "Well folks, I think I'm going to do the same as Creed and head to bed, lord knows I think we all need a good sleep in after....well, all that" he said with a chuckle as he moved to lead the room. "See ya folks" he soon added as he turned to leave again. Seeing Azar help Dominique to the stairs though, Tobias, after a few seconds hesitation, moved over to the two of them, turning to Lugh as he did. "Don't worry man, her room is right next door to mine, I'll see she gets to bed safetly" he said with a friendly smile as he approached Nique and Azar, putting his hand on Dominique's shoulder as he approached her, hoping that she didn't mind. "I can take her from here if you want Azar" he asked her as he approached them, waiting for Azar and Dominique to respond before moving on.
TobiasBlack
TobiasBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Keoki could tell there was something funny, since Lugh was saying something she didn't quite catch. But thankfully he didn't seem suspicious, so she just wiped off her pricked finger with her thumb and pushed off of the wall, "All clear? Good, thanks for the check up then. And, I'll see you two later," she said, glancing from Lugh to Aemilio. "And good night to you too, Toby," she added as her friend headed off. But she stopped before getting to the stairs and walked over to Axel, holding out a hand to help him up, "Need any help? I think you're room's near mine anyway." With Dominique in shock, and his poor condition, it the least she could do.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:49 pm

“Lugh watched as Creed, Dominique and Tobias walked up the stairs, “Thanks.” He called placing the box on the coffee table and walking off to the kitchen a few minutes later he returned with some mugs and a jar of coffee, “Anybody want?” he asked using some of the boiled water to make himself a mug.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Upon hearing Dominique was in shock Axel frowned worried, but at the least he was glad Azar and Tobias were there to help her out – he would have but couldn’t for obvious reasons. He was also very pleased when Lugh announced Aemilio would be ok, though he continued to be a little bit troubled as he had no idea what he’d done or if his methods were aquarate enough to be certain his stepbrother would be fine.
He didn’t get along with Aemilio at all but he still hated the idea of him being seriously harmed, and not just because his mother and stepfather; Axel was a very caring person – one of the reasons he wanted to become a doctor – and he hated seeing anyone in a bad state, even people he didn’t personally like.
When Keoki offered to help him to his room he snapped out of his train of thought and realized that he might do best worrying about his own health at the moment. He smiled up at her and nodded; “yeah, if you could help, that would be great, thanks.”
He wanted to say goodbyes to Dominique before taking off himself but decided it would probably be pointless; if she truly was in shock, it was likely he’d be like a ghost to her. So instead he just waved at the group leaving, guessing they’d excuse him for not shouting after them with the state his ribs were in and sat up slow- and carefully. “If you could support me a little on the way up…?” he asked Keoki, extending his hand so she could help him up.
“Hey Lugh, thanks for the help and… everything really,” he said with a weak smile and a groan after painfully getting up.

Aemilio didn’t interact much after hearing what Lugh’d been checking for and that he’d be alright. He just nodded everyone goodbye and studied the fluid he’d been told to drink.
When Lugh asked anyone if they’d join him in his coffee drinking he raised a brow, wondering if Lugh honestly thought anyone was up for anything but bed after all of this. Then he realized he actually didn’t feel much like sleeping anymore; not that he wasn’t tired, just that there were so many thoughts spinning inside his head he couldn’t sleep if he’d try.
“I’d like one, actually,” he said in a soft, monotone voice.
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Blue Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:10 pm

"No thanks, not at night, anyway," she replied when Lugh asked if anyone was interested in a cup of coffee. Turning back to Axel, she replied, "Of course," and helped him up. Moving an arm around to help support him, she waited while he thanked Lugh before moving towards the stairs. She turned her head enough to add with a grin, "I get the feeling you'll be helping a lot around here, Lugh." Then she continued walking at a pace easy enough for Axel to keep up with. As soon as she got him to his room, she needed to get to bed herself, and coffee might just keep her up. She'd dealt with enough for one day, sleep sounded very nice right about now.
Little Blue
Little Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:08 pm

"I bloody well hope not, gets in the way of my drinking!" He called after Keoki, pouring Aemilio a mug of coffee and sliding it over to him. "Trust something to creep out of the woods when we're having a party. Much as I enjoy the super natural couldn't it have happened yesterday, or tomorrow?" he said sitting down opposite Aemilio. "I suppose this changes you're view a bit?" he asked referencing Aemilio's ardent stance of disbelief in the paranormal.

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:34 pm

After watching Keoki leave without as much as a goodbye, Aemilio sighed and stared into the cup with whatever kindoff witch potion Lugh'd made for him, before looking up at Lugh as he sat down opposite him.
"I still hate you, possibly even more than before," he replied with a bored kind of arrogance. But then he sighed tiredly and he went on more seriously: "but I'm guessing that's not the view you were reffering to..."
He took a zip of the fluid and pulled a face at the taste.
"So.. how'd you come to have magic powers again?" he asked, not overeager to discuss his thoughts and feelings with Lugh and trying to redirect the spotlight back at him, "genetics you said? So it runs in the family or something?"
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Lugh chuckled at Aemilio’s response “That’s not a nice thing to say; I may well have saved your life. Eh, whatever, hate me all you want, I couldn’t care less.” A small smirk appearing on his face when Aemilio began inquiring about his magic. “Heheh you have a remarkable state of clarity to grasp what I said; especially considering how much you refuted the existence of the paranormal world.” He said before taking a mouthful of coffee.

“Yes magic runs in the family, only my younger sister has yet to learn any. The rest of my family use more conventional means of magic, sub-dermal injections of silver in concert with an electrical signal from specific areas of the brain allow them to manipulate the fabric of reality. Areas mutated into existence about ten generations ago, they allow us to sense, see, feel, taste magic. The pattern of the silver and how much is activated determines what ‘spell’ is cast.
Lugh explained adding in addendum “Magic being the dark energy the scientists theorise about. However if a being does not have these mutated areas, magic can be toxic to them, it causes less than savoury effects, the parts of the brain allow us to prevent magic in our systems from effecting us. Though too much causes us to enter a fever like state, and a loss of control over the magic.”

Everything he had said up to this point had been true, all be it he had left out the part that this was how faeries used magic rather than humans. Faeries having devolved from the Tuatha de Dannan which had no need for silver implants, as they devolved they began using the silver implants to augment their magical abilities until they arrived at the present and needed them to use magic.
For humans on the other hand, magical abilities ranged from being more advanced genetic mutation than faeries had undergone or where gifted to them by other beings such as demons or items. “Which brings us to me; I have yet to obtain the silver implants. As such you could consider me a further evolution. That is not to say I would refuse the implants, as I said I use my soul/life-force to fuel my magic and as such it is more dangerous, the implants would allow me to use dark energy instead. That said the magic I use is vastly different to that the rest of my family use.” Lugh explained taking another mouthful of coffee when he had finished “So, sate my curiosity why hate me?”

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  SaisCy Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Listening to Lugh's explanation with a mild interested look - not even to be bitchy but simply because he couldn't follow after too much biology got into play... and after dark energy was mentioned he was just completely lost.
"Forget I asked," he groaned before taking another zip from his cup of magic goo.

Then came Lugh's question on where the hatred towards him came from. "Don't take it too personally," he replied casually with a small shrug, "I don't like a whole lot of people. But you just annoy the hell out of me more than most people."
He took another zip before calmly explaining: "you always have this overconfident- no, arrogant aura about you. You obviously think you know so much more, are capable of so much more than other people... and yet when you have your moment, when people are depending on the expertise you obviously have on the supernatural and whatever... you act like badly brought-up, nasty little kid who desperatly wants to have his fun despite people around him getting hurt. No offence to you enjoying yourself, really... no offence to you clearly not caring much about getting killed or seeing others die when you're getting a little fun out of the situation... but seriously, don't do it in the f*cking open like that...! It's just stupid and annoying!
Then there is you bossing everyone around, telling whatsherface that she shouldn't waste time getting agry at you for what I previously mentioned... and taking forever to do that! I for one firmly believe the only reason she went into shocked was because she couldn't believe how much time you can take to make a single point - in a crisis situation I made add!? But of course you don't care what she thinks, you don't care what I think. Doesn't that just make you bullet-proof?"
He took another zip before he went on, finally showing a litlle anger as he finished: "and all of that pales in comparison to the fact that everyone is likely to correct me whenever I utter any of this... by stating I owe you one for the magic bullshit you did just now."

After that he took in a deep breath, let out a long sigh and smiled; "but like I said, nothing personal."
SaisCy
SaisCy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryel Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Lugh listened carefully as Aemilio spoke pausing to think for a minute before replying “Confidence comes with experience, and my appearance belies my age, perhaps I’m getting to the point in my life where I do think subconsciously I’m better than anyone else, who cares only about myself. Never thought being a teenager would be this awkward.” He muttered, true enough Lugh was still far from being an adult to his people, with thirty one years left he was essentially entering his teens, not that faeries mad that distinction.

“No offence though but when it comes to the paranormal I know more than most, years of study, more than you’ve lived. But let me correct you, I do get excited and find it fun when supernatural things are happening, and I don’t care for a moment what happens to myself, death is just another experience to me. But don’t for an instant think I don’t care about others dying.” Lugh said his face dropping and his tone turning solemn.

“How many people have you watched die, people you care about?” He asked staring across straight into Aemilio’s eyes “I’ve seen seven people I love die. That’s where this comes from. That’s why I want to know about and study the supernatural, to protect those who remain. And Aemilio, no one was in any real danger tonight, if they had been I’d have just sent them back to the house. But everyone needs to learn that this forest is anything but safe. I think the forest got that point across this evening far better that I could have with words.” Much as the others might think Lugh did care about their safety. Allowing some of them to be injured, cruel as it was, would help in the future. “And you wandering off actually put more people at risk than me acting like a child.” He pointed out.

“But no I don’t care what anyone thinks. I’m tired, tired of everything and everyone. And I’ve become disillusioned with the world; a void sits in my chest. Ten years is a long time, the pain almost seems normal. I long for home, and as much as there are people here, the majority not even truly human I’d suggest, I’m alone” Lugh said finishing his coffee. “Hate me, loathe my very existence. Let the others do too. If I am despised, that is a small price to pay, but I will discover this forest’s secrets, and I will do my best to prevent anyone from being harmed, whether they know it or like it.”

Ryel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next